My new Truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by jblawns123, Jun 30, 2005.

1. jblawns123

jblawns123 LawnSite Senior Member

Just picked it up today. 05 2500HD plow package/tow pack/ Work Truck

Hope they really did fix the slap on these 6.0L's my 01 Chevy 3500 sounded horid.

newtruck 002 (Small).jpg

2. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

thats awesome... dont worry about the slap. atleast i dont. and if you are worried, ask gm for the 100k mile waranty, and they will give it to you no questions asked

3. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Sweeeeeet.

Here's mine.

2005 GMC 2500HD, 6.0L also, and yes, piston slap is history. My '01 slapped a bit on start up, but that was it. Never heard of any premature engine failures associated with it, though. I wanted the work truck package, but will be using it for more than just work( pulling our camper) so I got it loaded, everything but Onstar and leather.

[​IMG]

Here she is behind my '02, (FOR SALE) gonna miss her, love the black wheel trim and the blue with chrome. Ah well, the new one will grow on me soon I'm sure.

[​IMG]

As for the 100k mile warranty, sure they'll give it to you, for about $1500.00

4. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

sweeet truck... and no not 1500. its just a 100k mile warranty on the engine. It's free, because everyone was tweaking out about the noise, when there has been nothing ever to go wrong because of it in our gm trucks, so gm knows they will never actually have to use the 100k mile warranty, thus its free.

5. TJLANDS

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

Funny talk about the engine noise. They did give me the 100k warranty on my 2000 now it has 167k and still running strong, great work trucks.
    My new GMC 6.0 is very quiet.

2000gmc.jpg

2004gmc.jpg

6. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Not exactly.

Here's some interesting reading if you get some time.

http://www.pistonslap.com/index.html

Source: www.pistonslap.com

Daimler Chrysler has some case precedence in an Illinois class action suit in which they successfully defended themselves against the class of complainants on piston slap. However, this was a much different situation than what is currently taking place with the great GM piston slap defect.

Daimler Chrysler had offered replacement engines to any customer who had a piston slap motor and delivered on their promise. Unlike GM who promised to repair the engines then came back and said its normal. One important aspect of this case is the court’s ruling that noise alone doesn’t constitute a defective engine. This was also before GM published their own TSB complete with illustrations showing the damage to pistons and cylinder bores on the 2000-2001 3.1 Liter V6 engines.

7. timinkc

timinkc LawnSite Member

that's awsome, i got mine 2 weeks ago, it's just like yours except red...awsome so far i traded in my f-150... tons more power.

8. ElephantNest

from La.

So, who would I speak with about getting this? My salesman certainly didn't offer it, and I doubt anyone else in the dealership would either.

9. TWUllc

TWUllc LawnSite Senior Member

Are those two trucks 2WD?

10. ElephantNest

from La.

Yes, both are 2WD. I have no use for 4WD, got my "mudding" out of my system years ago.