My new truck...

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by fiveoboy01, Sep 1, 2006.

1. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

2006 F-250, 5.4 auto, XLT. Just picked it up on thursday. Of course, I put it to work right away friday morning. It pulls my trailer MUCH better than my old truck! :weightlifter: And the rear suspension isn't nearly on the bumpstops like the other truck was.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

sweet truck i love those new grills and headlights

3. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice truck, nothing like nice eqpt. in business good luck to you.
    Mike

4. Birdhunter1

Birdhunter1 LawnSite Senior Member

Do you have the towcommand in that truck? When the lease is up next year on my 06 F-150 I'mm gonna get a 250 Superduty, the 150 does almost everything I need it to but twing my tractor around more and more is getting old with the bumperpull and the gooseneck I'm wanting I think will overload the truck too much by the time I get the tractor and bushhog on it.

5. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Sweet truck. Is that a 2wd? How much did it run you?

6. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the tow command in my new 06. I like it very much no drilling holes attaching anything. It works more sensitive than any box i had in my other trucks. It has a readout like 5.5 and you can adjust by pushing a + or - button 1/2 at a time. I also have a wiring problem with 1 of my trailers and it will tell me pulling out ( trailer at fault ) and ding.
    Mike

7. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

I love that truck. Looks great. Seems like this was the week everyone is buying Fords!:drinkup: The one thing that I wish I had is tow command.

8. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks for the compliments.

Yes, I have the tow command package with the integrated brake controller. I love it. It works seamlessly with my trailer, and there is zero jerking like there was when creeping along at lower speeds. It does a great job of sensing how far the brake pedal is depressed and adjusts trailer braking power as opposed to the time-based controller in my other truck. Definitely worth the money.

It is a 4x4.

I paid 30,5xx for it. That doesn't include the GAP insurance I got, which was like 450 or something for the entire term of the loan. I got 0% for 72mo through Ford with that promotion they are running till September 5th.

9. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Sweet exactly what I want to get just in a gas:clapping:

10. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

You gonna put anyhing else on it? Plow, strobes, insert, ext?