My New Truck

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by mtdman, Aug 3, 2004.

1. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess if you only mow grass, dont haul clippings, do no mulching, no landscaping and don't plant 3+inch cal trees, then yes a 150 will suffice. I know the first new full sized truck I purchased was an '88 f-150 5 speed (still going strong w/ 122Kmi) was nice, but I realized w/in 2 months I should have gone w the 250 HD 4X4. Good luck - I wish you as many good years w/ your truck as I've had w/ mine!

2. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

That describes me exactly.

:D

3. mtdman

The sticker says 15-19 mpg. I'm not sure, yet. I haven't really measured it, letting it break in.

4. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice Tom. Do I see professional lettering in your future? I can recommend a guy who did mine for like $125 (included designing my logo).

5. mtdman

Nah, I'm going to stick to my magnetic signs. Although I need new ones. When I get a committed business vehicle, I'll get the vehicle lettered.

6. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Wow, I do ALL of those things with a half ton truck, and always have. Try 6" 16' clevelands, one at a time of course, pallets of stone, sod, filled with mulch, pulling a trailer with over 3 tons loaded on it. Maybe I should cut back to only cutting grass?

7. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises LawnSite Member

BADDDDDDDDDDD . DODGE !!!! DODGE !!! DODGE!!!!

8. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Yeah, you sprang a tranny leak with the Ford at 150k. The dodge you'd be picking your tranny from the middle of the road at about 10k:p

Nice wheels, Tom. But for me, I don't see me ever getting a half ton again. I'm still have 97 F150, but all towing and most other stuff is done with the 1 ton dump now.