My New (Used) Jacoben HR 5111

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by JohnnyRoyale, Mar 22, 2008.

1. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought this used 2006 Jacobsen HR5111. Barely used with 350 hours, for half the price (29K). Your opinions please.

Jac1.jpg

Jac2.jpg

Jac3.jpg

2. fastcat

fastcat LawnSite Senior Member

what you mowing with it.

3. JohnnyRoyale

We have some big open acreage at some of our industrial properties as well as approx 80 schools.

4. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Was this on ebay in Florida? IF not - but I have been looking as well for a WAm and I thought I seen this unit there. Do you run all jacobsens? I guess I have always stuck with toro wams cuz i know how to work on them now and all our units seem pretty similiar in design. That is alot of mowing your doing. 80 schools?? WOW

5. JohnnyRoyale

This was on ebay in florida. Apparently, the township bought six of them when they only needed 3, then they figured a contractor could do it for less, so they got rid of all of them. He had this one, another with 500 hrs he sold last week, and I think he still has one with 200 hrs. We cut alot, mainly with Ferris ZTRS, and Kubota front mounts, we have a few Walkers for areas where collection is a must... This is our first WAM. A buddy of mine has two and claims they're the cats ***. I'll see how much labour they'll save me after the first cut-but apparently its huge. We cut 80 schools, the two biggest postal sorting plants in the area, a few of the areas biggest shopping malls, a couple of marinas, a campground, some industrial properties and were bidding a part of the Airport-our largest mowing challenge thus far. We're tired of the winter work and have shifted gears to focus on Summers Only. :drinkup:

6. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Summer only - that would be awesome! Way to go, I would like to see some pictures sometime of those properties. My biggest this is 33 acrea.

7. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

My university had a big Jacobsen a couple years ago, but it caught on fire and burned up. They replaced it with a Toro WAM with a cab on it. They also have a JD WAM. I'd love to drive one of those things. That looks really nice, JohnnyRoyale.

8. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Nice machine

9. riverwalklandscaping

riverwalklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

that thing costs 58K new? wow, seems it would be cheaper to just buy two regular mowers and drive em next to each other...

10. JohnnyRoyale

They're all still snow covered, but I'll definitely post some this spring/summer. I'm kinda guilty of never taking pics-just too damn busy.