My new (used) Ryan Aerator & Lesco snowblower plus some misc.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by smcunningham, Mar 21, 2008.

1. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

For those of you that read my thread about the Stihl fs100rx trimmer and what its worth......Well it was @ the auction this morning and when they were selling (bidding off stuff)in the row it was in......it somehow whas'nt there...I think the owner of it made a deal w/ someone before it was auctioned off.
    Anyway if you read the thread of mine about the aerator, well here it is. I got it for 150$ not knowing if it ran. If it would not of run I would of bought an engine for it. Got it home cleaned the gas tank out added fresh.......pulled a couple time and nothing.....Pulled the plug out dump a splash in...pulled the cord an vaaaaarooom....ran ten seconds shut off.......Pulled the carb off....tore it apart and cleaned real good w/ carb cleaner and let all the parts soak in gas for about ten mins, put it all back together...first pull started and ran great............shut her down/changed the oil/ oil all moving parts and the drive chains/changed the reduction gear oil. Aerated my 3000sq' side yard...
    Works great:cool2:and for 150$ Im stoked...

Oh yeah, almost forgot about the Lesco snowblower that got for 20$...runs great also...I did nothing to it...started on third pull after I added some mixed petro.

Bidded on 6 brand new straps...got them for 10$ a piece

Don't know the name of them but got 5 sets of rubbers (shoes) for 1$ each

Picked up the 5' choker for 2$

tasco auction purchases 001.jpg

tasco auction purchases 002.jpg

tasco auction purchases 003.jpg

tasco auction purchases 004.jpg

tasco auction purchases 006.jpg

2. smcunningham

Heres a pic of one of the pairs of rubbers.

tasco auction purchases 005.jpg

3. smcunningham

I'll clean the Ryan up this weekend and repaint it......and pick up a new plug & air cleaner next week.

4. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

i wasn't aware that Ariens was making snowblowers for Lesco. I've never seen a Lesco snowblower. Looks the same as a 938017 ariens.

5. smcunningham

Does Ariens make snowblowers for Lesco.

6. S L C

S L C LawnSite Senior Member

Now I have seen it all on Lawnsite!!!!!!!! A god 'darn' picture of a pair of rubbers on here.... LMAO the humor gets better and better all of the time.....:help::help::help: :drinkup:

7. BeautifulBlooms

BeautifulBlooms LawnSite Senior Member

at least they were boots!!!!

8. S L C

S L C LawnSite Senior Member

LOL Very true, but kind of surprised after some of the 'reading' on here!! :laugh: