1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

My New Web Site!!

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by TLM, Dec 8, 2005.

1. TLM

TLM LawnSite Member

Here is my new web site and this is my first time doing this stuff...
    Please let me know what you think...

www.timberlinelandscape.com

2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

looks great except for one thing.... Them purple buttons have to go!

3. TLM

TLM LawnSite Member

Check out them button now!!

4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

looks better.

One thing I picked up on was teh fact that you don't have your service location other than "north metro" area.

Where is that? alaska? Maine? Montana?

I would put a footer on the pages with your address, ph #, fax #, etc.

5. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks real good. I like the big buttons and all the colors you used. Was that one of the web downloads from the Gopher site? If it is I might set me up a website.

6. Turf Troll

Turf Troll LawnSite Member

The sites nice . I see you didn’t do any search engine keyword or title work (Optimization)Or are you getting to it. I would like to exchange links with people/companies similar to mine, in an effort to be on google search the 1st page in the towns I service (http://www.google.com/webmasters/4.html) this page gives an idea for the importance. Send me an email if your interested.

7. Turf Troll

Bill if you put your cursor on the right side of his page then right click, go down the menu till view source, left click, you’ll see he’s hosted/uses yahoo site builder 2.2 version. My landscape site is hosted on yahoo also. I’m using mine to replace yellow pages I just can’t afford the price, there’s 10 pages just in landscaping. It was equaling my paper ad for response on over-seeding this past fall.

8. PlantGuysOnline

PlantGuysOnline LawnSite Member

TLM - Your site looks great. I would have to agree with BSDeality about the areas you service. It just mentions the 'north metro area'.

As Turf Troll has pointed out, listing the exact locations on your page within your text and then within your meta tags will help the search engines index your pages correctly. This will allow potential customers in your service area to find you within the search engines. Good link exchange is also very valuable...doing your homework TT?

Good luck with your business!

9. Turf Troll

I think I hear this 5 nights a week(are you done yet). Every night at least two hours a night and until my site comes up on the first page with google search for the towns and keywords I've chosen. I've sent postcards, paper ads, clipper, val-pac, yellow pages, this, that. Flyers are good response for services aeration & mowing. For the money I give Yahoo I can't beat the response and I am really looking forward to this spring.

10. Tennessee

Tennessee LawnSite Member

Great looking site and I have to say I agree with BSDeality and PlantGuysOnline about the area you service. Doing an area code lookup tells me you work out of Atlanta. I can't see potential clients doing this so you really should include this on your site.

Best of Luck.:waving: