My new Website Check it out and give me feedback!!

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Hawkeslandscaping, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Hawkeslandscaping

Hawkeslandscaping LawnSite Member

We are going to straighten out the viewing problem with the Firefox browser

2. Hawkeslandscaping

fixed the firefox problem and the link on the bottom of the page now work. after today I am hoping to get the light rays toned down a bit. Thanks all for the comments.

3. Hawkeslandscaping

All the kinks have been worked out and the rays are now gone around the text much more appealing!!:cool2:

4. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks alright, simply and easy to use.

Not sure if I'm digging the black and grey background, but that's just me.

I would get rid of that Facebook ad on the right side of the screen.

5. starry night

starry night LawnSite Silver Member

It looks very nice, altogether different, and more professional without the rays.
    The hawk is memorable.

(BTW, I'm acquainted with all the towns you cover. Many (many) years ago, I worked in the front office of the Rochester Lancers soccer team. How's the city coping with the Kodak failure?)

6. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Hawkes, I'd strongly recommend you lose the floating share "toolbar" and move to good, ol' fashioned hard links. The bounce effect as it stays on the browser's current real estate is extremely distracting. I'm not usually a fan of floating navigation that stays in the main window like that, as there is almost always a distracting latency, and really it serves little purpose. Time and again, movement on web pages has had a negative impact on web usability. Also, due to the nature of your site, there are a few "share" devices on there that will likely never get used, such as Digg or Twitter, so why take up the real estate?

7. Hawkeslandscaping

We really anticipated that kodak was doomed to fail with the giant switch over to digital. The biggest employer now is the university of rochester and strong hospital. My logo is a key part of my business strategy it really sticks in peoples head.

Thanks for the reply I haven't figured out how to get rid of the extras on the share toolbar yet. but I agree with you on getting rid of the ones people don't use and just sticking with fb and twitter. The times have defiantly changed and with so many people now using fb and twitter its very important to reach to customers, also family and friends. after all word of mouth is the most powerful advertisement, and keeping the customers friends and family up to date with social media is important and helps I have found a lot.:cool2:

8. greg8872

greg8872 LawnSite Senior Member

Try adding the code below to the end of this file:

/wp-content/themes/MP/style.css

(note, remove the items you DO want to display from this list:
    Code:
    #dcssb-twitter,     
    #dcssb-facebook,    
    #dcssb-plusone,
    #dcssb-linkedin,    
    #dcssb-stumble,     
    #dcssb-digg,        
    #dcssb-delicious,   
    #dcssb-pinit,       
    #dcssb-reddit { display: none; } 
    See if that works for you across IE, Firefox and Chrome.

-Greg

9. bolc5150

bolc5150 LawnSite Member

Very Nice sir. I like the set up on the home page. AAAAAA

10. Hawkeslandscaping

Made some changes to the gallery and edited some things let me know what you think?