My new website is up

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Classified, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Classified

Classified LawnSite Senior Member

Hello everyone!

I got my new site up today. I used a template from another site *ahem* and changed a bunch of it to suit my style.

The site is www.classygrasslawncare.com

I just recently made the logo as well which i am very excited about!

What do you all think? Professional??

2. Classified

hopefully this would be the right place to have put this. if it needs to be moved, please do so.

3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Congrats on the site. Looks good.

4. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

The site looks very professional IMHO. Also your logo looks great.Are you going to utilize the "account login" for your customers?

5. Classified

thanks for the replies!

I hope to use the account login. i am not sure at this point though. It really depends on wheather i use qclip or the gopher software. if i use qclip, then i will not use the login.

6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

7. steveparrott

steveparrott Sponsor

Love you logo and would rather see it to the left side of the box. That's where the eye goes first.

Since you started with a template, I don't know what you can change, but. . .I'll be honest (as a designer and marketer for the green industry).

Hate the black background - nothing 'Classy' about it. I suggest a light or med. neutral color. Perhaps a green like #31552F. You never see a high-end site with a black background, and it doesn't associate with the earthy work you do.

I also don't like the buttons. they are very plain and uninspired.

I also don't like the use of grey as a background for the left and bottom frame. Again, a neutral earth color (beige, green, ochre) - my selection would be the reddish brown in your logo.

I also don't like the bright yellow border around the body - it's distracting and unnecessary. At the very least it should be a neutral color.

I don't see who the people behind the company are. I don't see an address. How would I know if you serve my region.

Are you putting in photos? A portfolio? Before and after shots? Testimonials?

8. chipk1

chipk1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Ditto ^^^^^^

I also like the Logo, but , I would choose a template that has light colors. Dark colors tend to suppress viewers mood. Kind of a closet type atmosphere. Know what I mean?

9. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

Server or site couldn't be found today, but I'll check back.

Only read a comment about black backgrounds.

Yesterday, I came across a design principles website, that said to use white backgrounds for commercial pages, but that black was okay for others.

But I've seen site's with black and white and like them both.

10. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I was reading some of the content and don't want to pile on but "we're not crooks" implies that many in the industry are.

Also pointing out in the first line of your bio that you are a small and young company does not inspire much confidence.

Just my 02