My New Website. Looking For Feedback

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Mower For Less, Mar 24, 2005.

1. sethsodsquad

sethsodsquad LawnSite Member

I would have added most of the comments already stated, but here are some different ones:
    - Don't alter your text size or font very much. For example, you use too many on your homepage: I can see like 8 different fonts.
    - Maybe have you testimonials separate? (another button)
    - What areas do you service? Could you do mine in CO?
    - The grass background is a little too much - try something plainer.
    - Maybe a pay online kind of set-up? You mention you take credit cards, so why not set up something through your website. (Customers can access their invoices and accounts - and go through Pay-Pal for payment.)
    - Your buttons need to be unifor, (in font weight and in font size)
    -- also - when you roll over the buttons, you can't read the text too well because it is white on light green.
    - Make sure when you have articles, you site where you got them or got some of the information. Otherwise, it's called plagiarism.
    - How about making the buttons "stick" when you are on the respective page?

Seth

2. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

mako, i guessed what your post would be before i read it. what do i win? :)

and you are correct. i spent 10+ years as a high-end ecommerce consultant/strategist, finishing my career with andersen consulting/accenture. the most publicly visible projects i ran were various daimlerChrysler sites of mercedesbenz, chrysler, and dodge.com. i was also the head of web ops for a gov't tech consulting firm, but if i told you about the sites, i'd have to kill you... ;) i'm still a partner in one niche web applications firm that i co-founded, but do not actively engage in day-to-day operations. and now i pimp windows, siding, gutters, and lawn work. i'm all over the freakin' map... god love ADD. :)

cheers.

3. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

Alright, I appreciate all the replys so far. It seems like most of the comments are design related, so I can deal with that. I'm glad there were no dead links or functionality problems so far. I will do another revision, but it probably wont happen for a few more months now that lawn season is here. If anyone has any more comments, I will deffinetly check back here for more advice before the redo, and will update this post to let you know when it gets done.

Thanks,
    Kevin