1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

my new website!

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by whiteblue1942, May 20, 2007.

1. whiteblue1942

whiteblue1942 LawnSite Member

hey i just made this website, lemme know what you guys think! im getting new professional looking pics for meet the team and im putting more how to dos up soon. any advice is helpful. thanks!

2. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like a bunch of high school kids at a party. I would recommend putting up pics of jobs you have actually done with before and after pics.
  3. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

I am not trying to be critical in a bad way, but in your very first sentence, you have a speeling error....
  4. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Were yall at one of those Rave things? Sorry...you wanted honesty...get better employee pics. After the meet the team pics...I wouldnt hire you to cut my toenails...not that you'd want to. Seriously though...looks like myspace meets lawncare.
  5. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Your wanting YOUR customers to see this website? No way would I hire you after seeing the team pictures.. Very un-professional website you got there. Your forum was made by grade school kids..Id take that site down and hire someone to build you a prefessional looking website..

Sorry I give you an "F"
  6. mkroher

mkroher LawnSite Senior Member

+1 Agreed.
  7. Bill S

Bill S LawnSite Member

OK, here we go. Get professional pictures of your team. Have them in uniform at a minimum standing in front of a clean truck!

Your pictures have been sized too much, they are mostly all blurry! You will need to have someone go through and check grammar and spelling as I did pick up a couple errors in only 2 minutes of scanning.

My website is on its 9th revision. Don't lose faith! Do think about making some changes, quickly! Also, you need to get your site optimized so that people will find you on the 'net.

If you need help use my contact us page on my website to email me and I can give you some further info.

8. tdf

tdf LawnSite Member

I also would change the employee pics. It is a lawn Care web site and is good in that repect, but it would be easy to get everyone to wear the t-shirt and take individual shots. The photo of the owner wrestling would make me think these are a bunch of young kids and they may horseplay on my property and get hurt.

You seem like you are serious about your business. Your web site kinda takes away from that.

9. tdf

tdf LawnSite Member

I just saw that you have already said you are replacing the pics. Good Site then.

10. GreenFriendly.com

GreenFriendly.com LawnSite Member

not bad.

from what i read above, seems you've made some changes.

I would suggest adding "google adsense" to your site.

It's a good way to track any visitors and perhaps make a few bucks to pay domain renewal and hosting fee's.

Good Luck!