1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

My New Website

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by joshco84, Sep 13, 2007.

1. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys i made a website for my business on google page creator tonight. Just thought i would let you see what it is like, and i would appreciate some feedback. Thanks a lot guys.

2. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

At C&C Lawn Care, we strive to provide professional services at a fair and affordable price. C&C also carries liability insurance and is able to provide services for the smallest residential yards up to multiple acre commercial accounts.

Thats one heck of a run on sentence. the two thoughts, insurance, and providig the service do not go together. I would mention the insurance some where else. maybe a tag at the bottom saying simpy. " Fully Insured"

Also spell check it and fix your phone number so its on one line together.
  3. joshco84

thanks thats what i was looking for, another view at it. i have seen it so many times i know i am missing stuff. thanks a lot.

any more guys?

4. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought it was simple, crisp, and easy to navigate. Maybe you would consider a "portfolio" pictures page for customers to look at previous jobs you have completed. Looks very good, though.
  5. joshco84

yeah my mom is actually going to take some pictures of me mowing some of my other yards to put on the pages so they have a better look to them. i also plan to put up a portfolio style page so potential customers can see my work.

6. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

I am not familiar with that type of code, but it would be handy to get the right photo off the right border, similar to how to the left image is about 1/4" in.

The counter seems fairly useless as far as presentation goes.

I like the big green lawn area in the image.
  7. joshco84

i dont know what code it is, it is just a deal you put what you want on the page and it shows up.
  8. ccondie

ccondie LawnSite Member

looks nice man, where did you go on google to create that?
  9. joshco84

10. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

I like the image best where you - or whoever - is mowing toward the camera.

Does that area have enough green on the right and left, to do a photo stitch? Then have one image on the home page instead of 2.

It would look cool to have the mower centered coming at the viewer.

You should be able to find a download of a free photo stitching program.

This image of Table Rocks, here, is 5 photos merged into one. Then I just cropped off an 1" of sky, some field below and a bunch of raggety edges after the photostitch.

The stitched size was over 8000 pixels, reduced to this 800 pixel header.