1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

My New Wright Stander ZK

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Smithco Lawncare, Aug 13, 2009.

1. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Mean machine. Very nice and they are so smooth and fast. I may get one someday if needed. I own a stander 23hp 52"
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

How do any of you Stander owners like the ZK model compared to the standard model? Does one hold a hill better? Does the ZK just cut quicker with deck sizes being the same? I saw a ZK next to the original Stander at a local dealer, and that machine is as big as a full size Z.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  3. Smithco Lawncare

Smithco Lawncare LawnSite Member

ZK is faster(15mph), stronger(31hp and 37hp), bigger(hella thick steel), has two large gas tanks, floating deck(originals dont have them).
    Hills? Standers can climb very steep hills very well. The ZK can climb mountains. I have made a video of my ZK going up one of the steepest hills I cut. Used to weed eat the whole thing. Regular 52/23 just slid down. I am still editing the videos, but ill put them up soon. Obviously youve never demoed a stander let alone a ZK. DEMO ONE

4. Travis E

Travis E LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats a nice mower, I've never seen a Stander around here, how the kill system work compared to a Z where the seat has the sensor? Does the standing area have the same system. It never occured to me about this before but with you mention 15 mph!

5. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

Thanks for the info. :cool:

6. Smithco Lawncare

Standers are made here in Missouri. Which explains why they are so popular here. They are about the only thing you see around Kansas City. Probably about 75% of all mowers here are Standers. They are starting to branch out from the midwest. They really are superior. The mower dies when you step off the step plate.

7. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

Not sure why you think that, but WRIGHT MFG is in Maryland not Missouri. Also they are popular in KC but not in STL. I am the only one I know that has a stander in the STL area.

8. Smithco Lawncare

Huh, when I bought my ZK the dealer said they were manufactured in Springfield, Missouri. ??

9. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

10. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

Very nice setup, I saw in your sig you have a "red" blower, you can find the brand through the mod or serial number, mostlikely it is a shiny or red max