My New Wright Stander ZK

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Smithco Lawncare, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Smithco Lawncare

Smithco Lawncare LawnSite Member

I didn't know you guys had grass on long island
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Smithco Lawncare

bumby bumpo

3. pitrack

pitrack LawnSite Bronze Member

I see how much you like this zk. I really want to pick up a zk, but I don't do much mowing and 52" just doesn't fit very well into gates(residentials). I am thinking about going with a 48" Stander for next season. Obviously you like standers from your lineup, and I have never used one, pretty much only walk behinds here. What are your honest feelings about Standers?

4. Trevor8

Trevor8 LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

You might mow for my Uncle he lives in overland park he used to have a mowing company but he sold a a few years ago

5. Smithco Lawncare

Honestly, I have had 2 Toro WBs, used friends bad boy and super z's, demoed grandstand, lesco, z master, and wright is by far my favorite. Funny, I have never touched a SCAG or eXmark.

6. pitrack

Thanks for your input. Even just the regular Standers, not just the zks are good in your opinion? That is funny the mower I am leaning towards is a Scag rider.

7. Toro 44

Toro 44 LawnSite Member

Hey Smithco,

How do you like the ZK compared to the regular stander?

In particular how does it compare to the regular stander as far as agility and turf damage due to it's weight and tire size?

I have a ZK and I like it. But I have been considering going down to a regular stander thinking that I might save time on some of my smaller properties by being more agile. Of course I would give up speed on my larger properties. But I have more smaller places than larger ones.

Is there much of a difference in turf wear between the regular stander and the ZK in your opinion?

8. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Wow that is one bad machine,kool.

9. pitrack

Since this thing got bumped to the top I have a ? for the OP.

Have you had any trouble with the engine running rough at full throttle? I have a buddy who has the same mower, size and engine. His engine is fine when the blade is engaged, but when you turn the blade off and the throttle is full it runs rough. Once you turn the throttle down it is fine. Any idea?

He has put a new fuel filter and air filter and still no luck.

10. StihlBR600

StihlBR600 LawnSite Senior Member

15 MPH standing up....thats nuts. I want to see this