My new ZTR under 5 grand

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Smitty58, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Smitty58

Smitty58 LawnSite Senior Member

For anyone looking for a quality ztr without spending a fortune ,check these out. Picking one of these up today.
    $4495+tax and a finance rate of 1.9% for 60 months.
    www.simplicitymfg.com

simplicityzeroturn.jpg

2. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

piece of junk, don't do it!

3. Smitty58

chevyman- have you had one, or just claiming it junk because it isn't what you own? Please elaborate, before I sign on the dotted line.

4. gogetter

gogetter Banned

That's a homeowner model. How many lawns do you cut?

Remember, homeowner mowers are basically designed to cut one lawn a week. So although it may last a homeowner 10 years, you'd probably be lucky if it lasted you one year if it's used as your main mower.

For that money you could get a nice COMMERCIAL hydro walk behind mower with a sulky.

No way I'd spend that kind of money on a homeowner mower for commercial use.

5. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

seems a bit small,is that being used for residential only?

6. Smitty58

Gogetter- it is a "homeowner" model ,but the only thing that is different on it is the deck and it doesn't have a kaw or kohler motor. It does have a b&s vanguard though. If you are not a full time guy it looks pretty good to me.

7. Smitty58

Camland - small? 50" deck 20hp is small?

8. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

listen to go-getter and get something else if you are planning on doing quite a few lawns per week. That's an ok machine for 2-3 a week use, but not for what we are talking about. Gogetter is right on dude, do some more research or go out and get a walkbehind made to run wide open all day

9. Smitty58

Ok, now you're making me paranoid. Would it be better to get a Exmark w/b hydro? I can get a 48" for around that price.

10. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

Do yourself a favor and buy a good Lazer Z or Hustler Z used for that price. A used Commercial ZTR will out last that model 5 to 1.

If you don't mow that many lawns why even spend that much to begin with? It will take you a long time to justify the initial cost.