My newest piece of equipment to join me.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by bigw, Feb 4, 2008.

1. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone have this model BG85 stihl and what do you think of it? Do you use the flat tip or open tip more often?
    I figured this would save me some time on blowing off drives and walks instead of having to throw my bp blower on all the time.Besides it should save some time and abuse on the bp blower also.

BG_85.jpg

2. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

i was going to pick up one of those as well, im wanting one for fert, gets annoying dragging the backpack out everytime. Let me know how it works

3. Jeff W

Jeff W LawnSite Member

I got the BG 85 last Christmas, works great, lite, could use a larger fuel tank though. If you are using it for long runs, like fall, it goes dry fast. I use the flat tip more. but most of the time I use no tip at all. It fits in the front seat real nice with no tip, just pull it out and blow the sidewalks.

4. pj550v12

pj550v12 LawnSite Senior Member

I could personally never justify the price of one, even though they're not that expensive, simply because i didn't want to pick up a few extra pounds.

5. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor LawnSite Senior Member

I have one. I love stihl. It works great. I usually use the flat end, but i take the extension off and just the short tube works great for moving larger piles of leaves. I also have a stihl chain saw, going to be getting a headge trimmer as well. Good choice.

6. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I hate mine. It don't like to start when it is hot out. Gonna get a Redmax this spring.

7. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

I thought this thread was going to be about your new ZTR or WB ... LOL !!

8. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

I have the 85 that converts to a vac. I use it has a handheld blower. It's ok. I'm spoiled with the BR600. Good to have in the fall when I have a helper or two.

9. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone used the vac system with this blower? I actually just called on prices for this unit today. Would be nice to hear some comments. We will be using it strictly for fertilzing applications to blow the granular pellets off sidewalks and driveways.

I am curious as to how well the vacuum attachment works in cleaning up hedge clippings. Any input on this one??

10. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

sorry i already had them.