My next mower will be a hustler super Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by excel25, Aug 23, 2001.

1. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

tried the super Z at KY. was impressed with it. Don't have a dealer by me to talk to or get info. e-mailed Hustler and had a response the next day. Larry Holmes the area rep. came up from Atlanta with a super Z to try and also a lot of great info. Also he is talking to my parts and service person about becoming a dealer. I,ve had a grasshopper 725 for 3 years and I feel the super z is a much better handling and serviceable mower. looking forward to getting one into service.:blob3:

2. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

You have a great machine coming with the Super Z. I hope to add one to my line up sometime next year. Let us know how it works for you.

3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Great to hear !!!
    The guy that came up and saw you is Larry Holman, he is a great guy.
    I got started with Larry years ago.......
    Where are you located ?
    Who is the dealer your dealing with now ?

Later
    Pj

4. JLC

JLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

Read the thread I have going about my Hustler Hydro Walkbehind purchase. The Hustler people are great to work with. Read the post. Enough said.

5. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

having raced it against chopper and bad boy, but not mowed with it, I can tell you it is the fastest and the smoothest riding mower out there. I have heard rumors that it won't cut faster than 6 or 7, but my experience with hustler is they know how to cut and it should do well. I typically think that 8 is the safest mow speed anyway, but on flat gound, this one really absorbs the bumps and makes me think 10 or 12 is doable. at around 8500 with 60" and 25 kaw combo, the price is right. If we had dealer support it'd be a no brainer. Our dealer is like the opposite of "support". Dave g

6. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

Larry Holman was very knowledgeable about mowers and very nice.He's talking to Fosters small engine, on highway 9 in Boiling Springs SC they are one of the few dealers that will stop what their doing to get you going if your down.:blob3:

7. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

first you said LARRY HOLMES, one of the most under rated heavy wgts of all time. had it all. now back to mowing subjects.
    ps except good looks.:)

8. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

You didn't race against this one. 150 hp jet engine Arrrr Arrrr Arrrr. :D
    [​IMG]

9. racerdave

racerdave LawnSite Senior Member

Eric, is that the new leaf blower attachment from Dixie?:D

David

10. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

David

I have test mowed the super z and I will agree that it is a smooth well built machine. However as far as the fastest mower it might be in ground speed? But for mowing speed it would not cut with my flatlander.

I also have mowed with a bladerunner and it out ran and will out mow my flatlander! I have not raced the bladerunner side by side with the hustler, but I have mowed with both! and both are good machines.