My next new ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ChadsLawn, May 9, 2001.

1. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Well today being a slow day for me,I went and looked at new ZTR's.
    I demode a chopper 60 flatlander,Ransome 61,Toro 61 and The NEW Husqvarna 61.
    I am down to 2 Mowers to decide from.The Ransome and the Husky.In my opnion these are the 2 best ZTR's out today..
    Not to knock you chopper lovers but the Husky cut just as fast as the Chopper 60(flatlander),But it cut ALOT better.Husky is alot more comfortable and its center of gravity is much lower.Plus the Husky is a $1000 cheaper then the chopper and it has a 3yr spindle warranty.
    Now my goal is I have to get at least 15 more accounts that pay $100.00 per month or more..Here is a pic of the new Husky

[​IMG]

Please dont knock my opinion

2. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

I demode one also . the control was about as smooth as the hustler i posted about. W ish i knew enough to tell if rough handleing is just dealer set up ability or something you gotta live with once you get the machine.

3. RB

RB LawnSite Senior Member

I also demo'd some zrt the other day. I have a toro zrt (44" but I don't like it).

I demo'd a 48" walker w/25 Kolher. This machine is the best, by far -- I you need to bag.

Now I know what all that fuss those Walker guys are talk'n about. I'm already getting ready to trade it in for a Walker.

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

RB, you better keep the toro for a backup. Walkers are high on maintenance.

5. BufalinoLand

BufalinoLand LawnSite Senior Member

I just got in from tearin it up with my new Turf Tiger. It screems like a banshee. I have no complaints on Scag. I ran a 48 wb for the last 2 seasons and decided it was time to separate the Men. She tells heads or tails too. I am very impressed with this machine. I walked out the door for 8 grand.

6. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

bump to the top

7. WLC

WLC LawnSite Member
    from NE TN

RB,

What specifically don't you like about your 44" Toro Z? I'm considering one of these or the compatible Exmark.

Thanks in advance,
    John

8. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

The only thing that I would be wary about is that they haven't been out for a while and don't have a track record.....

9. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

These units have been out many years, under the Kees brand.
    The Husky is a orange Kees, with different covers and fuel tanks
    Kees was bought by Husky last year.
    There are some areas that the Kees are popular.
    I would make sure you have good dealer support.

10. turfguy33

turfguy33 LawnSite Member

I test drove the new 25 horse kawi, 61' husky earlier this year. The machine is or at least seems to be a good one. I run a scag turf tiger and a Great Dane, and even though the guts of the machine are identical, the Great Dane is a mean mowing machine, I honestly think, that my chariot is anxious to get started every day.
    I've looked at the Dixie's and think there good machines. What impressed me was the longitivity of the machine. I believe Eric has a machine that has well over 3 or 4 thousand hours on it. A regular 25 horse Kohler is rated at what 2000 hours, and thats if you lucky.