My next project

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by AndyTblc, Apr 23, 2008.

1. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

My next project I have scheduled for Monday will be the first one like it that I have done. The lady wants me to cut down 3 20ft. trees, 5 inches in diameter. I said alright. She wants me to trim up some conglomeration of pine trees, trim all the dead branches. Is said Ok. Then I have to clean up after where the snow plow came in. HOLY CRAP what a mess they made. She has a gravel driveway,I bet there is easily half a yard of gravel displaced from the drive. I'm not worried about the trees, there are no power lines, and they will go the way I push them too, and I will have another guy with me. Then she wants me to put in her window air conditioner, I said sure, why not. What I like about this lady, she made a list of what she wants done.

Also how much are you guys spending for top soil. $17/yard + tax. I'm doing a project at my house where I need 5 yards to start. Why do people pay for something what they could dig up. But oh well. Gotta start somewhere.

I will have pictures of it when I start them. I figure this will all take about 2 hours, I said I usually charge $26.50/hr plus a $3 fuel charge. Do you think that sounds fair? Let me know.

2. AndyTblc

Moms taking pictures
    kub1.jpg
    Riding my favorite toy
    kub2.jpg
    Gotta play in the dirt sometimes
    kub3.jpg
    Doing manuel labor
    kub4.jpg
    Don't mistake me for a country road worker.
    kub5.jpg
    I picked up the rake and went to go start raking, and I stepped on a rock that I didn't see, twisted my ankle bad, and was on the ground for 10 minutes, so all the pictures of me raking are with a HUGE bump on the side of my foot. All this is done at my house, My truck is in the background. The kubota is not mine, one of my friends. I ran out of dirt, and so I will continue tommarow. I had to raise on that side of the driveway because the dirt was not even with the drive.

kub1.jpg

kub2.jpg

kub3.jpg

kub4.jpg

kub5.jpg

3. AndyTblc

At the end of the day, the simplicity sits resting, the kubota takes the place of my moms vehicle, and the john deere has been sitting there since March waiting for its new tranny.
    kub6.jpg

kub6.jpg