my nightmare

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by elite lawns, Feb 28, 2009.

1. elite lawns

elite lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Here’s what happen I went to a day care to drop off a proposal. Before I went in I ate so ribs for lunch. So I go in ask for the owner thinking I’m just going hand the proposal to her she comes out and tell me to sit so we can go over it. I was please so for twenty min I’m telling all the things we can do for her and listing to her needs. When it all over I shake her hand and leave . This is were it get good I go to my truck look in the mirror and see I have barbecue sauce on my face and meat stuck in between my front teeth . I’m thinking there goes that account. Anyone else had something like this happen.:confused::hammerhead:

2. Lucky Star Lawn Care

Lucky Star Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry cant say I have...lol Thought you were gonna say your stomach was gonna be feeling gassy haha

3. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Hey, I hear they got a lot of daycare centers in Oklahoma, so no worries, you'll get the next one! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

That was damn funny...thought you were gonna say you clogged their toilet up or something to that effect.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Ok...let's break this down - logically,...but in a positive way. She sees the bar bq sauce on your face,...She thinks he eats well....she thinks in order to eat well he must be successful. In order to be successful, you must do good work. Account sold. :drinkup:

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, or that in the first 5 minutes of talking suddenly a feeling came along of a
    sure sign you might soon have to go for a 'download.'

6. Perfect Image TLM

Perfect Image TLM LawnSite Senior Member

Did something like this after eating sloppy joes for lunch... I was so embaressed....

7. maintenanceman

maintenanceman LawnSite Member

Give her a call back and thank her for her time, and explain how embarrassed you were when you got back to your truck. She'll probably laugh and you might make a friend and a sale!!

8. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

I agree.....

9. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

Nothing like your story, but I've run bids with stickers stuck to my shirt from my 5 yr. old daughter. Usually when a prospective client asks about them, it strikes up a nice conversation, and shows I'm still human (and possibly reminds them I have a family to feed?)

10. elite lawns

elite lawns LawnSite Senior Member

thats a good one did that happen to you lol