My offspring...

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by gogetter, Oct 17, 2004.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Uh oh! I think I figured out how to actually use my scanner! You know what this means? Lots of picture posts to come! LOL!
    Anyway, here's some baby geckos that I produced. Notice how small the eggs are in relation to the dime.

bgeggs.jpg

2. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I get them a bit smaller in the future. Anyway, here's the female that just laid those eggs. Hard to believe those came out of her. Sorry for my bad photography skills.

bgneggs.jpg

3. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Last one of geckos for now. This is a baby that hatched from those eggs. The milk jug cap is it's water bowl.

babygecko.jpg

4. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

It also means you need to read the 'sticky' posted at the top of the pictures forum on resizing large pics. Your last one was ok though, good job.

5. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Yeah, sorry, I'm working on it. One thing at a time.

6. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

Hmmm.. so is that what the little pink lizards are that the cats keep capturing in the garage and bringing in? Do geckos only come out at dark.. and stay in dark places? I'll have to get pictures tonight and post them to you and find out what kind of lizards we have around here.

7. gogetter

gogetter Banned

There are tons of different species & sub-species of geckos from all over the world. There are both nocturnal and diurnal (night & day) geckos. As well as terrestrial and arboreal (ground & climbing) geckos.
    I would love to see pics you get.

By the way, the ones in my pics are from your area. They are Texas Banded geckos,Coleonyx brevis.

8. beransfixitinc

Ok, here are a couple of photos.. not very clear, except for one. Since you know so much about lizards, you'll understand it's rather difficult to get close to one with a camera that takes a few seconds to shoot after you press the button... and hitting them with a flashlight beam sends them scurrying also.

ADSC0009.JPG

ADSC0008.JPG

ADSC0007.JPG

ADSC0006.JPG

ADSC0005.JPG

9. gogetter

gogetter Banned

They're a bit different then the ones I had kept/bred. Mine were terrestrial, those are arboreal. I don't have my book in front of me to give you the actual scientific (or Latin) name, but they appear to be some sort of "house geckos" as they are commonly called, for obvious reasons.
    Kinda neat, I don't have stuff like that here. Thanks for sharing the pics.

10. beransfixitinc

By all means.. make a visit and take some back with you. There are tons of small ones.. less than 1 1/2 " long everywhere right now.

Maybe we'll have enough this year that will eat all the baby crickets before they grow up and get into the house.