1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

my opinions on the quick 36

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TClawn, Jan 1, 2005.

1. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I got a quick 36 a little while ago and I can honestly say that it has far exceded my expectations.

I will go through some of the things that have been discussed.

1. how hard is it to turn? it takes about the same effort to turn as my honda hrc 216, less if you use the hydro to help you.

2. how well does it side discharge? it dishcharges exellent. it was throwing the clipping three rows over. it would probably throw four if you took the discharge chute up, but I didn't tell you that.

3. how is the cut? the cut is very smooth. better than my hrc 216.

is there anything that you don't like about the machine? yes, there are a couple of things. 1. the briggs intek engine is very loud. 2. you can't get through a 36" gate with out taking off the dishcharge chute. 3. the forward/reverse lever is a bit too hard to push in, but I am sure it will soften up with use.

overall, are you happy with the machine? I am very happy with the cut and ease of use. it has cut about 15 minutes off of each lawn that I do (my lawns are about 7,000 sqft).

if you have any other questions feel free to ask and I'll try to answer them as best I can.

btw, after 15 lawns there was barely any clipping build up on the deck. I'm not sure why, but I am very happy about that.
  2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Excellent write-up. Good to see people that tried new things and are happy. Hope it continues to serve you well.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Did you use it on hills. Do you have any opinion on how it does side hills or turning on hills? Thanks for the info. It's comments like that that make this site useful.
  4. TClawn

PM, I haven't taken it on any major hills but the ones that I have taken it one it has handled perfect.
  5. hulan2

hulan2 LawnSite Member

TC, what is the quick 36? Do you have any pictures of one or where I can see one? I have got to get a 36 w/b this year and would like all options known before I set my wallet down. Thanks

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks TC
    Hulan-- go to the link at the top of this page. Lower right hand corner.
  7. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Look at the top of the Lawnsite page for Better Quick they are a sponsor you will find there mowers on their website.
  8. TClawn

hulan, I'll get a pic of the mower and a pic of the cut that it leaves later today.

I would really recomend the quick36. it's a very tough machine. talk to gary at better and ask him some questions about it. he is much more knowledgeable than my self when it comes to the mower, seeing he's also the designer.
  9. hulan2

hulan2 LawnSite Member

Dang! I 've been on this site for about 6 months now and have never paid attention to those banners at the top. That is a decent looking piece of equipment for the money especially for the hydro and electric start. I have been using a 52 Toro rider for the last 2 seasons and have not really had a need for a w/b. But let me tell you after about putting it in a ditch trying to cut the side of a bank, it is time. Thanks for all the responses and I'll let you know later on what I got.
  10. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

LOL! those aren't just banners. they are sponsors of the site which pay money so you and I can come here for free!

GEO :waving: