My own residence

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Dennis Davis, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Dennis Davis

Dennis Davis LawnSite Member

Thanks to this site, I learned about Magna-Matic balancers and blade sharpeners. I also found out how those baseball fields and golf courses get that neat striping. So, with my blades properly sharpened and balanced and a newly built lawn striper which I built from instructions on this site, here is a pic of my lawn.

Misc pics and lawn 006.jpg
  2. StihlMechanic

StihlMechanic LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks nice. Those sharpeners are a waste of money if you know what you are doing.

TTTF or Rye?
  3. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

It might be that angle but the stripes aren't really poping out like they should. Looks like you need more ground pressure on the striping kit you made.
  4. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Now we have to teach you where to stand when taking stripe pictures..
  5. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I bit the bullet and dropped a grand on the Magna-Matic 8000 this spring. It's expensive but it makes the sharpening chore easier. Why waste time with a bench grinder or hand held grinder when the Magna-Matic is a much more precise tool to use. You got people on here taking about using belt sanders, bastard files, and all kinds of crazy methods of sharpening blades. No home brew sharpening method can compare it's that simple.
  6. StihlMechanic

StihlMechanic LawnSite Bronze Member

A grand? Holy Sh9t.
  7. cut level

cut level LawnSite Senior Member

The sharpeners are not a waste of money. They are nice and keep the angle along with the ends corrected and you cannot do as good with a hand or bench grinder. I used a bench and hand grinder for 20 plus year before taking the plunge.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. Falcon50EX

Falcon50EX LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

I second that do you take care of other lawn or is this it? It may be a great tool but dam
  9. TriCityLawnCareLLC

TriCityLawnCareLLC LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ohio

10. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Looks nice,awesome stripes.