My Poor Truck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scottb, Jun 18, 2002.

1. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

Today was not a good day. On the way home from picking up my 20 month old daughter from daycare a woman in a Geo Metro decided to pull out in front of me. Future reference for those that doubt 1999 F250 vs Geo Metro. No more metro. Luckly and most important of all my child was in her car seat and only has a strap burn to show for it, she didnt even cry. The woman driving the Metro will also be ok seems she was in a hurry.
    I am very thankfull that everyone is ok or going to be ok but she wrecked my d**N truck the first truck I ever loved oh well it can be fixed I hope.
    At least my clients are understanding that it may be next week before I get a truck that I can use to continue. Sorry for venting Im just really worked up right now.
    So people of lwan site do me a favor if your in a hurry and rushing along take a deep breath and slow down to many more important things to do than to worry about being late for somthing.

2. kerr lawn

kerr lawn LawnSite Member

i'm sorry to hear this because i know how screwed i would be if something like that happened to me.
    Who's fault was it?
    i guess she will be car shopping this week.
    see ya
    bryan

3. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

It was her fault I dont think she even saw me until it was to late.

4. Jason_S

Jason_S LawnSite Member

I feel your pain!

I had someone pull in front of our Chevy 2500 and I ended up clipping a corner of his camaro..... a could have waited 10 seconds as there was no traffic behind me..... but no! Well, it's a crappy feeling to mess up a truck... even though it isn't your fault!
    Good luck on the speedy repair!

5. Grass_Slayer

Grass_Slayer LawnSite Member

i hate it for u man. one of the yards i mowed today, their daughter and her friends rolled a camry today. i saw it as i was going to see some friends in town. everyone was ok though.

i almost rear ended somebody in my old truck last season. they were in the right lane of a 3 lane road wanting to turn left. i thought they were in the turn lane. thank the lord there was a wide soulder. i would have plowed into her at 45 mph.

6. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

Man that sucks. I love my 2000 F 250, and HATE it to no end when I don't have it, even for a day or so.
    Oh yeah I have no doubt at all that the Geo P.O.S. was toast. These Fords are big and heavy and mean.

7. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I dont know about yor area but here I could get a rental vehicle the next day. Call her insurance company and tell them you need a rental truck to run your business untill you get yours fixed.

8. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

First, I would rent a truck and continue on as usual, send her insurance co the bill.

Tonight while driving to Lowes a lady ran a stop sign and almost hit me, I hit the brakes & horn. She took the time to stop talking on the cell phone long enough to give me a look like I was crazy. :angry:

9. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

When I pulled up next to her at a stoplight, I glanced over to see what she was reading.

I hoped it would be a map or driving directions....

No, it was a NOVEL!!!

What the ?

I beeped and waved at her repeatedely. No response. All she could muster was an occasional glance up from her book as she drove.

What an idiot. These nuts are jeopardizing lives. Don't they realize a car or truck is thousands of pounds of rolling steel travelling the length of a football field in a few seconds?

KB

10. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

welcome to u haul lawn service i sued a guy i worked for 15 years ago i was a passenger in the truckand the girl driving pulled out in front of a car going 50 mph i was thrown out the door (it was tied shut with rope because someone hit it with a tree and boss was to cheap to fix it)it was like slow motion as the trailer was sliding sideways towards me i jumped up just in time scraping my knees.I went to a doctor that evening because my neck and back was sore and returned to work the next day then took a week off.I brought the medical bill to the owner i believe it was 150 dollars and he said he wasnt going to pay it because he had his biz to worry about so i got an attorney and ended up collecting wc missed a year of work 60% of my pay from his vehicle ins wich ended up more than i was making and 35000 dollars on top of that 5 years later the guy hires me back and i took over his company with the equipment i bought.id probably still be working for him still if he would have paid my med bill