1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

My Post Cards

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by STRINGALATION, Feb 12, 2008.

1. STRINGALATION

STRINGALATION LawnSite Senior Member

ANY THOUGHTS -- 16PT, GLOSSY, UV, 4/4, FULL BLEED 4"X6" ALL MY DESIGN

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. goodgreen

goodgreen LawnSite Senior Member

Looks pretty good but very difficult to read that green print against a similar color background.

3. STRINGALATION

I AGREE:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:

4. poolboy

poolboy LawnSite Silver Member
    from earth

Very hard to read with the colors you're using.

5. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

I'm going to be very honest and blunt so I apologize for seeming rude I just don't want to see you waste your money.

I would throw that right in the trash. It shows that you did that yourself. Stop using the WordArt feature...I was taught keep it simple stupid (KISS). You can't even read the wording on the front, my eyes hurt. Use colors that are contrasting...you have green on green.

What are you trying to show with those four pictures? Two of the real ones are terrible. You are showing concrete curbing with cement steps in one and a cut lawn with zero landscaping and a garden house in the front, yet you claim you are a landscape company. The main picture shows two boxwoods and a hosta...no offense it just does not appeal to me in any way. A for effort, but it just doesn't cut it.

6. STRINGALATION

thanks for the compliment on my stone edgers on the flower border, that is not curbing.
    i can agree on contrast to a degree but looking on my lap top the contrast is much more significant that what i see on my pc. i do not have any award winning photos of the few installs i have done.

7. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

difficult to read.

8. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

are these to mail? You may want to look at the postcard specs at usps.gov- it would suck to print a bunch and have them be undeliverable. Also, don't be afraid of white space. Layout-wise, your card is really busy and it's hard to know where to look first. Simplify it and give your message-whether that message is a call to action, or just "here I am if you ever need me"- the spotlight.

9. greenbaylawns

greenbaylawns LawnSite Senior Member

were going to mail ours three times starting the 20th

10. greenbaylawns

greenbaylawns LawnSite Senior Member

opps here it is. I can't get the back side to look right. Its Black and White Not colored. For some reason it wont let me because I put it a post earlier. I must be a dumb #uck. Have address labels to put in the open area.

p1.jpg

p10.jpg