My Post Cards

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by STRINGALATION, Feb 12, 2008.

1. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

The place that prints mine does them on a 14pt stock with UV coating. Seeing what the cards look like that get kicked back for bad addresses, I think the UV coating really does help the cards hold up to the post office's processing machines and still reach the prospect looking good.
  2. SwihartServices

SwihartServices LawnSite Member

Read marketing for dummies or something.

STRINGALATION LawnSite Senior Member

my cards came and they look more like my lap top. so that was great i do undertsand and agree about contrast but they will have to do for now. i will let you guys check out the next ones
  4. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

I think you need to reconsider your design!!!!
  5. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Horrible designs. You will get negative calls.

Pay someone to design it and use stock photos.

STRINGALATION LawnSite Senior Member

sorry guys i am anti stock photos. and i 'm always looking to do my own designs for the most part. they do need tweeking but that is ok live and learn. i'm not looking for 5 digit accounts right now . my target market will love them i think. if not i make more. but i love the input it helps me tweek things i will post my next ones on this thread thanxs
  7. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

:rolleyes:...i agree....
  8. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

If you aim a little higher in terms of target market, you'll find you're working less and making more money.

There are some GREAT books on graphic design for us normal folks by an author named Robin Williams. Pick up a copy of "The Non-Designer's Design Book" and you'll learn a lot. Or, for the next one, PM me and I can hook you up with one of my graphic designers.
  9. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

10. pj550v12

pj550v12 LawnSite Senior Member

Koster, your post card isn't bad nessesarily, but with all due respect, its just a picture with you're name and number on it. It takes more than JUST a picture to catch some ones attention. Like previously stated, get in touch with a graphic designer they know what catches the eye in terms of color, placement and much more. Like I said the postcard isn't bad, but it could be a lot better.