My Postcard...ADVICE PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by topchoice, Jan 24, 2007.

1. topchoice

topchoice LawnSite Member

Alright guys, I need some honest advice about these postcards. Just starting in the business and already have 15 clients without advertising yet- all by word of mouth. I don't have a ton of money to spend but am only looking at getting at least 10 more clients. Will this design cut it or am I wasting my time. I know some of you may give some harsh criticism, but that is alright, I can learn from it. Let me know, THANKS!:clapping:

postcard1-1.JPG

2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I think it's pretty good. I assume the dotted line will be gone from around it. You can 5000 printed for $99 at gotprint.com. High quality printing.

3. TPLawnPro

TPLawnPro LawnSite Senior Member

Excellent. Looks very professional.

4. topchoice

Ya, I designed it at gotprint and the line will definitely be gone, it was just a rough draft that I was able to save.

5. topchoice

Is there anything you guys would add or delete. I just want to make sure I touch every aspect to pull customers in!?!

6. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Get rid of the "small landscape jobs" and replace it with Landscape Installation and Design. I've been doing this for a long time and this works way better. Grow more confident in your business you don't want to be known as a little boy in this business. Read and educate yourself in business and the lawn industry. You can do it.

7. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I imagine he doesn't do landscape design and installation. But I agree, "small landscape jobs" sounds scrubby. I use "Landscape Upgrades". I think it describes what we are trying to say, yet, is open for interpretation.

8. topchoice

Excellent Point! I am trying not to go down the road of design and installation, but am more than willing to do small jobs. It is hard to do huge projects along with the lawn care when I am only one guy!

9. dKoester

I agree with you 100%.

10. dKoester

I know what you mean. When I was young it was tough too. Once you get established you should do great my friend. Employees!