My posts being edited

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Sean Adams, Jan 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

I am not sure why, but someone keeps editing my posts. I wrote the terms of use for this site so I know I am not violating any of the rules. I am posting links to a free industry blog. Can anyone who I hired explain?

2. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

Subscribed... I can't wait to see the answer to this....

3. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

The last person that tried and succeeded to editi my thread was turned over to Mike Donovan. I believe his punishment was banishment from this web-site. That was fair IMO. Anything less as an advertiser and a member of this site would have complicated matters and cost this site one less advertiser,member.
    easy-lift guy

4. Armsden&Son

Wait a minute. Can users edit posts or threads? I thought only the mods could do that....

5. Sean Adams

You have a few minutes to edit your posts and then only the moderators can edit them.... or in my case, delete my post.

6. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

You may be mistaken, that is not what happened to me.
    easy-lift guy

7. Sean Adams

Unless that setting has been changed, but when I owned and managed this site we allowed members to edit their posts for up to 10 or 15 minutes. They may have changed it.

8. Armsden&Son

Easy Lift Guy---- The way you spoke about whomever edited your post being banished conveyed the sense that he/she was a member... I guess I just assumed that because I found it hard to believe that a mod would be banished. Can you elaborate? If you can't, I fully understand.

P.S.... I always enjoy your threads and posts.... You are a no-nonsense type of guy...

P.P.S.... Are you the inventor of Easy Lift?

9. Armsden&Son

And sorry, I meant to say "Can users edit other users posts?"

10. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

I can only edit my posts. I can't modify someone elses shy of quoting them, but that wouldn't delete the original post.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.