My price increase letter...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by d&rlawncare, Apr 30, 2007.

1. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Here it is..tell me what you think and how I can improve it. Keep in mind they are clearing out a tree line 20' x 500' that is waist high with weeds, that has rocks, stumps, and over 6 years worth of crap in it. It has about 20 huge trees in it but due to weeds/trash etc it never had to be maintained. Now they are clearing it out and asking me to keep maintain it. Also...Are my prices off?

Ms. Jones,
    Due to the ongoing clearing of the tree line at YourPlace Townhomes a weekly price increase of $10.00 will take effect May 1st 2007. The new area that I have been asked to maintain is twenty feet by eighty feet. This area has to be trimmed and carefully mowed due to years of buildup and to prevent future buildup. The total new area that will eventually need to be maintained is approximately 500 feet by 20 feet. I am estimating an increase of $50.00 to $80.00 per week once the entire clearing is complete.

2. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I'd maybe re-word it a bit. I'd avoid telling the customer that it has to be mowed. Yes, you're right it likely has to, but it may give the impression that you're telling the customer what to do. Also, your use of "buildup" is reduntant. Try to use two different words.

Here, I re-worded it a bit. See what you think.

Due to the ongoing clearing of the tree line at YourPlace Townhomes, D&R Lawncare will be implementing a weekly price increase of $10.00, effective May 1st, 2007. The new area which you have requested be maintained is twenty feet by eighty feet, and needs to be trimmed and carefully mowed to prevent future overgrowth. Upon completion of tree line clearing, the total maintained area will measure 500 feet by 20 feet. Once this area has been completely cleared, I am estimating an increase of $50.00, resulting in a total cost of $80.00 per week.

3. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Forget the letter and add it to the monthly invoice.

4. d&rlawncare

Sounds a lot better than my letter. Thank you. I will wait for some more input before I send the letter out in the morning.

5. d&rlawncare

My Service Agreement says any increases will be made in writting.

6. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Just add extra charges without explanation?

Not a good way to retain a customer.

7. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Well $10 bucks is not much and the customers knows there is more work so is it a surprise no,just add the extra work on the monthly invoice with a explanation they always pay.

8. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Yup, now that's xactly y Jethro named his company "mow pro lawn service" causin theys just nose that thars more werk to be dun now ... banjo's playin' in the background...:weightlifter:

9. 18lmslcsr

18lmslcsr LawnSite Member

Me thinks it be better to discuss'n this issue with the person/s....easy nogh!

C.

10. 18lmslcsr

18lmslcsr LawnSite Member

Just talk with them!

C.