My re-done VERY simple website

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Classified, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Classified

Classified LawnSite Senior Member

While having a $10,000 site is really nice and to have all the pages and such is cool, I have reviewed a handful of sites of some pretty large companies in the LCO world and they dont have very complex sites.

Now, that may sound like a jealous comment which is partially true but for the most part, all you need is something simple and basic IMO for our industry. Granted, mine is pretty basic but its what I can do with my limited time and knowledge. I created this "page" using microsoft publisher, lol so there is only so much I can do.

Well anyway, I like it, K.I.S.S.

What do you think? www.classygrasslawncare.com

2. Classified

Also, I want to add that I really want my site to be centered in the screen but have no clue how to do that. I used Microsoft Publisher to make the site and I couldnt find any way to center in the viewing window

3. Danscapes

Danscapes LawnSite Senior Member

use godaddy, I did and I built my own site (which I think is cool). Check it out in my sig.

4. Classified

Thanks but I like the look of mine despite it being so simple.

Eventually, Id like to buy a real nice template and go from there but not yet.

Thanks

5. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Doug

Although yours does not flow easily to read I do like the simplicity of it. I would suggest at least adding an e-mail link or make a small contact box so potential client's can contact you other than by phone.

6. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

The 'meat' is not text but pictures. I hope you are not relying on search engines to generate traffic to your site? I like the look but since it is all graphical you MUST send people to your site for it to be of any value... get your URL in front of peoples noses!

Pix for text also adds to download time.

I do like the look though... didn't read the text.

7. Classified

Thanks. The contact info is on the left towards the bottom

Well, im not really trying to generate traffic on the site or should I say try to get customers that found my site. Im not offering my services to residential customers anymore and most commercial property managers dont have to look for someone to maintain thier property, they normally have a list of contractors ready to take on thier property.

I appreciate the comments.

8. ritchiem

ritchiem LawnSite Member

9. Classified

Thanks, Its microsoft, im sure there are lots of errors! Its looks good to me though, I dont get the whole dirty code and error thing.

Ill check out that site

10. ritchiem

ritchiem LawnSite Member

I just noticed that only your last 'block' is text...the other two are images. That won't help your PR or indexing for the search engines. Make sure that the bulk of your content is text that spiders can read.

Also, do some research on meta tags for your SEO (search engine optimization)