My Recreating Truck...

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by mexiking, Mar 19, 2006.

1. NJemerald

NJemerald LawnSite Member
    from NJ

LMAO... A buddy of mine JUST called me TODAY saying he put a deposit on a 2003 2WD Chevy 3500 Silverado White Mason Dump w/ a Black Dump Body with 16,000 miles on it...

What ARE the chances...LOL

Hey mexiking...
    any chances your truck also had a blown rear covered under warranty???

2. mexiking

mexiking LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

yes the rear axle was blown, but not under warranty...

3. mexiking

from NJ

and yes it had 16k miles so that was prolly mine, how much r they selling it to him for?

4. NJemerald

NJemerald LawnSite Member
    from NJ

not sure... will check with him tomarrow on price... I was on a job site when he called me... just know he said something about a replaced rear... maybe now it's covered??? lol

5. mexiking

from NJ

they paid half and I paid half for the repair since I buy a lot from them... was a mechanics fault so wasn't under warranty.

6. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, no wonder people think NJ is tha "armpit of America". The fact is, that NJ was rated as the #4 state (scale of 1-50, 1 being best) to live in, and raise am family in. It was on Good Morning America.:usflag:

7. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

to me that's a way to ruin the look of a otherwise nice truck....

it is such a waste of money to dump all that cash into something that depreciates....
    not only can you never recoup that money, what you put it in drops in value every year....

i'd much rather put my money into things that make me more money......

8. mexiking

from NJ

there's nothing wrong with it if you can afford it...

9. CrewCutEnterprises

CrewCutEnterprises LawnSite Senior Member

Not to down anyone. Even you, but why do people have to worrie about how the money is spent, he asked if people like it, not dislike it. Im not a fan of the rims and spinners, I do like the tv, BUT I RESPECT someone who cares for their car/ truck/ equipment as their work probably reflects it.

Also said, I would rather spend the money on something that makes me money, but some years your need to buy something to evaid taxes, o and even a nice work truck depreciates, nothing against you yard pro, or anyone else who downed his truck.

Just my .02 cents

10. HDALLC

HDALLC LawnSite Member

not that i like the look or the truck im just not a chevy fan i have a real truck but DUBS are 22's get it double-2's hence DUBS :hammerhead: