My results from using Valpak!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by KINGjosh, Apr 25, 2005.

1. KINGjosh

KINGjosh LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I had 10,000 flyers go out on the 17th of April. I did not recieve one call yet from people who got my # thru Valpak. ;) I thought I put out a real nice flyer, but it is very obvious that Valpak is not the way to go. All In All I have seen the best results with going door to door. JMO :waving:

2. Cut

Cut LawnSite Member

I used a 30$ printer and made my own door hangers, went out and put up around 50, got 2 calls, got both jobs with 1 80$ mulch job. Im gonna just take 1 day a week and hang out 50 each time.

I think the trick is , the biggest words on my flyer read "Quality mowing at the best prices!"

That is probably what gives them the will to give me a call. Then I sell myself once there giving the estimates. And this lady that called me first, when she heard my quote she says "I thought your flyer says the best prices?". I told her, with the quality work that I am willing to perform on your lawn, that was the best price in town!! She ate every bit of it up, and MADE me write up a contract!! payup

3. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I have sent out over 30,000 ads this year. 10,000 were from valpak. As far as I know, I got only 1 call from that. With the other ads, people are breaking down the doors.

4. KINGjosh

KINGjosh LawnSite Senior Member

PTP, save me the trouble of searching through the " I DID IT" thread and remind me what did you put the other 20,000 ads into?

5. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Postcards and door hangers.

6. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Same exact response I got from some Valupack ads a few years back and why I always speak against using them when people ask.

7. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi All Lawns & Landcare,

Did you offer any discounts or coupons in your flyer? If you have a scanner it would be great to see what you created.

8. Cut

Cut LawnSite Member

I have one of your free designs Gopher, on my door hangers, I just changed some words around, but I am getting really great responses. Im getting calls from a different part of town from where I hung them. I asked one guy how did he hear of me, and he said he was at his sister's house and saw my hanger. Thanks for the freebies Team Gopher.

9. I always got 10-15 calls per 10,000 that I did. I didn't use ValPak though, I used a local company that GUARANTEED that no apartments would be hit with the coupon mailer. ValPak does not guarantee that.

This lady did really well for me, of course I am in a different type of business...

10. BravesFan

BravesFan LawnSite Member

Valpak came out today and I was looking throught it.

68 adverts.

For those of you who use them, what do they charge? Do they give you a breakdown of residentials vs. apartments?

What are their rates for delivery? Is the artowrk/design included in the price? (I noticed some of the ads were much better designed than others).

Dennis