My review of the 30" exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by CollegeMowers, Sep 2, 2013.

1. windmillservices

windmillservices LawnSite Member

I purchased the 30inch Toro lighter model and love it. My local Toro dealer sells them is is the same one they sell at Home Depot they sell it $100 less. Local Toro dealer cannot keep them in stock they sell so fast $899.00

2. Laurel Leaf

Laurel Leaf LawnSite Member

Is that Toro a commercial grade mower?
    I've been looking at Toro and Exmark 30s at my dealer. The Exmark looked stronger, still haven't made my choice yet....

3. Holland

Holland LawnSite Senior Member

Man the 30 didn't work out for me. Sold it. Much rather have a true 15-17hp walk behind like a Viking or Turf Tracer.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

Quick question can you mow a hillside with it

5. vegandude

vegandude LawnSite Senior Member

Does ok as long as you have a run at it otherwise it's not great

6. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds like going downhill is a chore as well since it has no natural brake to it - like a hydro WB does.
    I'm still intrigued, but waiting to see the improvements for '14 models...IE larger discharge chute opening, and, hopefully some more power (at least as an option).

7. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

I'm still NOT convinced the Exmark 30 or Toro Commercial offer any advantages except for higher mowing heights over my Toro TimeMaster.

On flatter lawns the Personal Pace is ridiculously easy to use. The width of the wheels is the same [increased rutting with 37#+ of mower weight] and the handle folds up AND down for getting under branches and easy stowage on trailer or shop.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Yes and one of these days I will run across one and give it a try. but out of the Toro and Exmark 30's we have the guys run to the exmark 30 every time for pure ease of the handle mechanism.
    One complaint I have is the crap that sticks under the deck and needing to be scraped so often when the grass is wet. Still use the Bravo's for when it gets really wet.

9. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

How bout side to side as opposed to up and down. I have some hillsides that 21. Does them ok.

10. Utah Lawn Care

Utah Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

My 30 does great side to side on hills. Up steep hills it lacks some power and requires a bit of pressure from you. Overall they are great mowers. I am getting a second one next season.