My Rig (1956 Dodge)

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by AKLawn&Garden, Sep 14, 2010.

1. AKLawn&Garden

AKLawn&Garden LawnSite Member

Here are some pics of my setup. Not fancy but I hope it gets the job done. Just got my first monthly account today!:cool2:

1956 Dodge C3 Pickup almost 100% original. I built the wood sides on the bed out of scraps and carriage bolts and threw on a coat of poly. It came with the utility bumper which is nice but i don't plan on pulling a trailer with it unless I have to.

000_0202.jpg

000_0205.jpg

000_0206.jpg

000_0207.jpg

2. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Nice old truck. Has it got a V8, or a flathead 6 in it?

3. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Looks good.

4. AKLawn&Garden

It has the 6. Three on the tree baby

5. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I like your truck. Really cool to see something like that on the road.

6. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

That would be the 230 flathead. Great engine with lots of torque. They used those in the military M37's and in the 1 ton Dodge Power Wagons.

7. BlackDog3

BlackDog3 LawnSite Member

Thats awesome dude, i get compliments all the time about my Old 82 Chevy kicking ass daily. You will get noticed too, trust me!

Chris

8. AKLawn&Garden

The first thing I did when I decided to get into "the business" was sell my Civic and bring this truck out of the garage. It has 60,000 original miles. The previous owner was a real enthusiast and did most of the heavy lifting. He rebuilt the engine, transmission, brakes, gauges, etc. All I had to do was clean up the wheels and put new tires on it. I also cleaned up a little surface rust in places and covered bare metal in primer.
    I don't want use it as an everyday driver for long but for now it is working well as a work truck. It has that Sanford and Son vibe that draws eye and hopefully works as free advertising.

100_2144.jpg

100_2147.jpg

100_2150.jpg

100_2148.jpg

9. AKLawn&Garden

Nice ride!

I get a lot of old guys stopping me in parking lots to tell me how they learned to drive on truck just like mine. I love being reminded of that connection to the past on a daily basis.

10. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

no offence its a kewl truck, but I am rofl , first thing that came to mind was Sanford and Son. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :drinkup: