My Rig (1956 Dodge)

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by AKLawn&Garden, Sep 14, 2010.

1. ShooterK2

ShooterK2 LawnSite Senior Member

Nice old truck! Now let's see some pics of your work!

2. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

Nice ride, this was the first thing I thought of too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WqazleR3FE

3. cleansweeplawncare

cleansweeplawncare LawnSite Member

We all have to start some where! Next step is to trade in that yard works mower and get yourself a commercial self propelled mower!

4. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Good luck the truck looks good. Too bad it doesn't have a Cummins! Hopefully you get enough work to make the Dodge you weekend novelty truck. In this business you have to have rock solid dependable transportation. An old truck breaking down can get you in trouble pretty quickly once you get really busy.

5. AKLawn&Garden

AKLawn&Garden LawnSite Member

Here you go. Not much there yet
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?p=3720803#post3720803

"We all have to start some where! Next step is to trade in that yard works mower and get yourself a commercial self propelled mower!"

I've been looking at commercial mowers for the last month. I plan on upgrading ASAP. Looking at Honda, Toro, and Ariens. I'm 27 and like the exercise. Is self propelled that important if most lawns I do are smaller and flat? Those drives just seem like one more thing that can break down.

"Good luck the truck looks good. Too bad it doesn't have a Cummins! Hopefully you get enough work to make the Dodge you weekend novelty truck. In this business you have to have rock solid dependable transportation. An old truck breaking down can get you in trouble pretty quickly once you get really busy. "

Thanks! Yeah, I love the truck but I'm always thinking in the back of my mind that it could break down at any moment.

6. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Nice old truck, but I agree, first thing that came to my mind was Sanford & Son.

7. cleansweeplawncare

cleansweeplawncare LawnSite Member

Plan ahead for the future. You are probably not going to do flat surfaced turfs forever. Might as well invest for the future!

8. rockycrab

rockycrab LawnSite Member
    from oregon

Great Truck. Take care of it buddy, I vote on the self propel tranny for your 21's. I think they are well worth the investment, We buy 20 toros every season always with tranny's.

9. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

Very cool old Dodge!

10. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

You just can't beat a Honda commercial mower for small areas. I think Honda is the only one with a hydro tranny. Fluid on fluid always beat metal on metal! You can't make any real money using a push mower in areas a walk behind will do in 1/3rd of the time though. Find a used belt drive for around a grand. When the money rolls in dump the belt drive and go hydro. Belt drive are great for people on a budget but the pros know hydro is the way to go.