my rough draft of my site is up. what changes should be made?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by grass disaster, Feb 28, 2010.

1. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

2. WenzelOSLLC

WenzelOSLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Looks pretty good.

I would say that it looks a little cookie cutter. Might want to see if you can spend a little bit on it and get the header where your company name is to look a little more personal, perhaps with a logo.

And the gallery seems a little bit cheesy to me. If you could just post them on the page in a grid layout it might look a little better.

Not bad otherwise. I'd say look at mine but my server is being kind of funny.

3. grass disaster

yes thank you. i'm working on the header and them color.

i'm also working on the gallery a little

4. SeedPro

SeedPro LawnSite Bronze Member

Clients is spelled wrong on the testimonial page and make the tag line on the home page "Lawn" not Lawns plural. Most people only have one lawn.

I actually kinda like that gallery flip deal.

Good start.....keep tweaking and it will be fine.

5. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

Spell check everything, and cut that old JD mower out. It looks ancient.

6. WenzelOSLLC

WenzelOSLLC LawnSite Senior Member

I noticed the same thing. Made me chuckle a little. You gotta start somewhere tho, am I right?

7. grass disaster

thats true. people probably think i mow with that and dont realize that thats and aerator attached.

8. Jb3NH

Jb3NH LawnSite Member

services link on your opening page just refreshes page, connect link to http://www.grassmasterservice.com/services. I like the word jumble to cut down on spam on the contact us page. I think your on the right track, more pictures. An aerator pulling plugs, a guy mowing and a guy trimming etc. All in all its a good start.. my site is an ever evolving mess :)

9. grass disaster

what are you using for a browser? it seems to be working fine on my computer and different browsers i have.

10. Jb3NH

Jb3NH LawnSite Member

Oh hey my mistake. That link works just fine, i had multiple windows open and that comment was meant for another fella's website critique.