my rpms are too slow

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AielLandscaping, Apr 14, 2002.

1. AielLandscaping

AielLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

how can i increase my rpms on my honda hrc216's? one of mine seems to only cut well if i leave the choke on, and the other one seems to be cutting a little slower then it should too... how can i juice it up a little without hurting anything? i'm sure the mowers came to me set at low rpms but how can i fix it?
  2. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

Check what they should be at in your owner's manualand take your mower to your dealer, he can check the RPM's and adjust if necesary.

3. AK Lawn

AK Lawn LawnSite Member

Where should i start on this topic? i have five of these mowers and everyoine of them WERE slow, not any more, first how old are they are they out of warrenty, if yes try this if not then dont it will void your warrenty and forget about going to your dealer, they will not touch them unles you know them personally, all you have to do is remove the throttle spring, make sure you have the right one it conects the throttle to the kill switch that taps the black kill button, remove that and shorten the spring, very minor amounts and that will pull the throttle futher out thus increasing RPM's, if you do this it will help more than you can imagin, all of mine are adjusted differently and you must maintain these mowers, change the oil and check the filters offten, oil every 80 lawns ,personally, and the filter daily, for me it is changing the oil every other day and filter every day, start with little adjustments and go from there do not take this process for granted it will bit you if you do ,get a RPM gauge and check periodically to see were you are running, you can adjust the new mowers that are under warrenty but only 200 rpm before you void and sense you are new to this is why i reccommend not cause oviou reasons hope this helps if you have any questions fell free to email me and will help with any honda issues you have, it is praCtically the only machines that i run
    AK Lawn