My S10 grew up!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by jlewis, Feb 24, 2004.

1. jlewis

jlewis LawnSite Member

I have a '96 S10 xtended cab 4.3l that I use in my home improvement and as a daily driver. Well....It grew up!

Last night I picked up a '93 F350 XLT Crew Dually Deisel 4X2. 107K miles and clean!

Wish me luck, I always wanted one, so we will see if it lives up to my expectations! I will post pics later.

Joe

2. Dave655

Dave655 LawnSite Member

Man, that truck sounds awsome. I've got a F-250 and I love it.(FORD RULES). Best of luck!!

Dave

3. MP350

MP350 LawnSite Member

Got my first Diesel 4 months ago lots of power and almost twice the mileage of my gasser. Now just log on to a diesel web site to learn how to repair & maintain your new ride.

4. jlewis

jlewis LawnSite Member

Thanks.

The diesel stop - already a member! I bought the Haynes book Sunday.

BTW- Do you know what the "Fuel reset warning light" is for?

5. MP350

MP350 LawnSite Member

Don't have a clue, but ask the guys over at dieselstop, they'll know what it is. I have already installed a flip chip/tymar intake/down pipe/& lost the kitty, boy will she run now.

6. jlewis

jlewis LawnSite Member

Finally - a pic.

93f350dside.jpg

7. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Nice looking truck! Get some chrome or stainless wheel simulators for it and it will look twice as good!

8. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Nice! I really hope I can find a diesel that clean this year! I am in the market for one, but I need to save up for a while because I am going the cash route! Enjoy your new "beast!"

9. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

My first truck way back was a GMC S-15. That truck went over 400,000 miles and made me well over $1,500,000 in its lifetime.

10. jlewis

jlewis LawnSite Member

Sod, I can't say my S10 made me anything close to that, but all in all, I had no complaints about her.

Eric,
    I want the sims for the wheels. Inspection is up in June and she needs 6 tires. Priorities! She is being hard to start when cold, so Sunday i will test the glow plugs. Since I do not know what is in there, I plan to replace all 8 w/ Motorcrafts and keep any used Motorcrafts for spares and toss the rest.

Here is a pic with the trailer. Both need to be lettered also.

350andtrail.jpg