My Scag finally met it's match

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tacoma200, Apr 15, 2008.

1. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

What I have to do to get an account! Well actually this will lead to about 10 accounts if they like my work. This is all that the Tiger wanted. No it did't leave a manicured cut this time but got the job done.

1 004.jpg

1 007.jpg

2. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

only in kentucky. :waving:
    i get those too.

3. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

All I can say is, Wow!
    So did you end up double-cutting, or did you just leave it like that?

4. tacoma200

This is closer to an average lot, but a little small. Great day to be out working.

1 014.jpg

5. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Been there before, nothin better than a scag to leave a manicured cut in that stuff. Ive gone through stuff that had 2" thick stems and 6' tall before with a tiger- had to go over a few times, but it did it.

6. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

no way i would use my mower to bush hog anything. i would tell the customer, thanks but no thanks.

7. tacoma200

I talked to the owner and told him it may be a bit rough the first time but it will look great when I hit it again next week. He understands you can't make 1 to 2 feet of grass look like a putting green. This was our first dry day in a while and I had to hit it fast before it got worse. I'm backed up because of the rain (well not after today) so night fall stopped me from going back over it again. I actually worked till after dark on this street. Just so many hours in a day.

8. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

well it get tested today

9. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

At $300 an acre I'll do it all day long.

10. packey

packey LawnSite Senior Member

I hope the scag cut that I know the exmark will. :) Oh and so will my husqy z I normally will use my yazoo master cut though because it looks so sad sitting on the trailer never getting to cut anything and well if laughs at tall grass that is laughs all the way to the bank