1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

My second estimate question...fence..

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by BIGDOGMN73, Aug 9, 2012.

BIGDOGMN73 LawnSite Member

I've got my second estimate for a customer who would like me to mow his lawn for a month. It's a corner lot with a big fence around 1/2 the lawn. How much extra do you charge for a fence? I'm thinking my standard res. home price is $35-40 and I'm thinking at least another $10-15 for the fence. I've got a 36 walk behind mower with a sulky so I'm not concerned about the mower part, but I don't want to just go $35 and spend 30 minutes trimming all around this fence. I'm a one many show and this is my first fence. Am I on track here or out of line? I'm heading over later today to give him an estimate.
  2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Why should it take 30mins to trim along a fence?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Posted via Mobile Device

Ok..maybe not 30 minutes, but at least 15 minutes of good trimming...
  5. BeachysLawn

BeachysLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

95% of my lawns have fences and I can guarantee you it won't take you 30 minutes, not for a fence on a $35 lawn. I can't imagine that taking even 15 minutes. Its only for a month anyway. Charge $5 extra and see how long it takes. If its not enough, you only have 3 more cuts anyway and you learned how much you need to charge for a fence.

Thanks...good points..