my service magic experience so far

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Smitty58, Jan 25, 2009.

1. ACA L&L

ACA L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

We just got another lead for lawn care and year round mait. In one of the larger gated communities here in town. I called right away went out that afternoon, gave the estimate, lady was very happy that we were so prompt, and said she would get back with us after she spoke with husband. We will call her tommorrow to see how it went, just a quick followup call. so far we have had good luck with credits nand the good leads we received were, well good leads. so far im happy. we are only signed up for lawn care and snow plowing. Im waiting to see how this goes before we sign up for landscaping. they did not give me any hassles with the bad leads, u just submit why and they follow up. we have not really had the service but two months and its winter so we will see how it really works come spring time. that will be a true test im sure.
  2. Taneli

Taneli LawnSite Member

sorry to hear all the negative replys about service magic i have been using it since last spring and it has worked awesome for me. i am in it for the landscaping not the lawncare and i have landed multiple 10k plus jobs def has payed off much better than yellow book.

Hope you guys have better luck i would recommend it to anybody
  3. Smitty58

Smitty58 LawnSite Senior Member

I went in my account and changed what leads I wanted to get. I was getting a few tire kickers that I knew was not serious because it's too early to be building a fence. So I changed it to just get snowplowing and mowing for now. Well I got a couple snow leads which worked out well, then today while I'm getting ready to watch the super bowl I get a call from SM. They have a potential customer on the phone for snowplowing. This lady just got home froma trip and couldn't get in her driveway. I took the call told her I could be there in 20-30 minutes and told her $75. I went out plowed her driveway (approw 150 ft long). She gave me $80 and asked if I could take care of it whenever it needed it. Of course I gave her a card and said yes to future plowing.

I think part of my experience is my fault. Putting in for leads at the wrong time of the year etc. So so far I've made more money through SM than I've spent so I'm happy.
  4. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

I know this is partially of subject, but how big was the driveway?? I can't get that kind of money for drives..

I signed with SM this winter and haven't gotten any leads yet. We'll see how it goes.