My setup this year

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by DoetschOutdoor, Oct 31, 2007.

1. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

I figured its about time that I post some pics of my setup this year for mowing...I maintain about 30-35 accounts weekly and feel really efficient with the 36" wb and 48" ztr combo for residentials. I'm looking to add 10 QUALITY accounts next year and hopefully finish college in 09'. I started college thinking I would stop mowing in the near future and as time has dragged on, schools gotten harder and I've picked up more work. Oh well, gotta make the rents' proud and have somthing to fall back on so I'll suck it up and hopefully get finished here shortly. Have a good halloween guys, gotta run to accounting.

36" Ferris hydrocut, 48" exmark lazer , 48" Ferris hydro (since has been sold, just didnt have the room to keep it right now), redmax 7001 bp, redmax trimmers

Truck n Trailer.JPG

TRUCK1.JPG

All 3 mowers.JPG

2 mowers.JPG

inside.JPG

2. charmill26

charmill26 LawnSite Senior Member

not much of a chevy fan but thats one good lookin truck

3. beano

beano LawnSite Senior Member

Nice, i am in college and will finish in 09 spring also. I have a smiliar set up. Isnt it nice having a 36" wb and a 48" rider combo. I also have both and a 7x18 enclosed. Nice work.

4. jimmyburg

jimmyburg LawnSite Senior Member

how much did that trailer set you back?

5. DoetschOutdoor

from S. IL

I paid $900 for the trailer 2 years ago...it looked like the pic below but even as ugly as it was, it was still better than paying 1500 for an open trailer I was looking at nearby. Over this past winter, I dropped about $300 on supplies and paint booth rental at the air force base and had it painted by a guy out there. Depending on the growth of the biz the next 2 years, I would like to upgrade to a 7x18 or somthing in that area, but I'd have to have a new truck so time will tell.

old.jpg

6. Landscape89

Landscape89 LawnSite Member

Redmax Handhelds! :clapping:

7. jimmyburg

jimmyburg LawnSite Senior Member

i added a small sink with a 55gal water drum and power converter to operate the pump. works great to wash up.

8. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Nice setup. Is that ferris a single or dual hydro? How does it handle on hills? Those rims on that truck are SWEET?

9. ACutAbovesiny

ACutAbovesiny LawnSite Senior Member

Is that a 32" or 36" walk behind?

10. DoetschOutdoor

from S. IL

The Ferris is a 36" hydrocut, which they only offer in a single hydro. I started off 3 years ago with this mower and really had no idea what dual vs single hydro was...The mower holds good on my hills but I've only really tried it on a few hills because not many of my accounts have them. I probably could have saved some money when I started out and not bought a new mower but now I know that I have a solid small property mower for many years to come. The mower cuts very nice (when the blades are sharp), has good speed, and really easy height adjustment. Next year, I'll probably get the bagger and see how that works.

Thanks for the comments on the wheels. Trust me, this is not the truck you want to be looking for aftermarket wheels for. Finding decent looking rims with the right amount of backspacing was a long process and I finally got a company to make these with close to stock backspacing.