1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

my setup

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mike (MLC), Oct 10, 2002.

1. Mike (MLC)

Mike (MLC) LawnSite Member

my pic.

Attached Files:

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Hey Mike.

bmp. = bitmap image = a real PITA and usually HUGE pictures.

Try converting to a .jpeg

P.S. I couldn't view your picture.
  3. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

does not work mike hope your not hooking us up with a worm or virus :(
  4. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Yah, I didn't open that either. First, it's annoying that it's not just posted inside the message, like most people do it. But I was curious so I clicked on it and it prompted me to download this .bmp file. Again, an annoying format. I agree, I'd use Photoshop or something and convert it to a Jpg. But then when I went to my computer to look at the file I just downloaded I noticed it had an extention that was .bmp.php and I sure as heck am not going to open up a file that looks like that. Anything that has two extentions on the end is usually a mask for a virus and I don't open anything that arrouses my suspicion like that.

Sorry. Post a picture inside the message or give us a link to where we can view the picture on a web site and we'll comment on it.
  5. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

You guys who attempted to open it should be safe... .BMP as you know is windows Paint program which can open photos like explorer does. Below is the description for .PHP files.

".PHP Hypertext Preprocessor (Personal Home Page)

PHP started out as a wrapper around the Perl language. At that time PHP stood for Personal Home Page. Today the acronym really does not stand for anything specific. Basically, PHP is a server-side scripting language for HTML. You can use it to add dynamic features to HTML pages or use it to create entire dynamic sites that generate HTML on the fly in response to user input. Its syntax is a combination of C, Java, and Perl."

Basically, he didnt know how to properly post the pic.
  6. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

if you email me here with the pic, i will convert it and post it for you:)