My Site ... Your comments.

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by 1BadHawk, May 24, 2005.

1. 1BadHawk

1BadHawk LawnSite Member

Ive been working on MY SITE lately, and have made several changes.

If you have a moment, take a peek and give me your inputs on the site in general. Layout, content, that sort of stuff.

NOTE: Im having some problems with explorer displaying the bubble graphics, but netscape seems to work without any problems. If you think you know why this may be, please feel free to offer any help.

Thanks

2. partstree

partstree Sponsor

your site looks fantastic, congratulations!

the bubbles are a problem with measurement standards between mozilla and internet explorer, it's a classic problem that all web designers must face, one solution is to restructure how the tables are designed, but in your case it's barely noticeable.

one thing i would suggest is to add an html link on your opening page to the main site, as some users may not have the flash plugin installed (there may not be many, but the few that don't will be affected, and every customer counts)

let me know when you're ready for reciprocal links, i'd love to add your site to our growing one, it'll help increase traffic to your site as well as ours.

3. 1BadHawk

1BadHawk LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input. You'd think by now, their would a very simple standard for table formats and web page designing, and how browsers view them.

Send my your site link / banner if you have one and Ill create a links page.

Also, Ill ad your site to my links page.

4. partstree

partstree Sponsor

mozilla and internet explorer have never gotten along very well. actually, nobody gets along well with microsoft :D from a web designer standpoint, however, a good 80% (at least) of internet users use microsoft internet explorer, so i tend to recommend coding for internet explorer (if i have to choose one) although getting your design to work for both browsers is usually not impossible.

what is your email? i'll send you my link information. you're already up on our links page at http://www.partstree.com/links.php

5. 1BadHawk

1BadHawk LawnSite Member

6. frosty18

frosty18 LawnSite Member

Dont forget to "title" your splash page.

7. frosty18

frosty18 LawnSite Member

Add text-align: left; to style 19 seems to work
    You should consider tiding up your styles and put them is separate style sheet

.style19 {
    font-size: 12px;
    color: #00CCFF;
    text-align: left;

8. 1BadHawk

1BadHawk LawnSite Member

For which page are you referring to ?

9. frosty18

frosty18 LawnSite Member

any page that is using style 19 to align the Bullets (bubbles)

10. frosty18

frosty18 LawnSite Member

You should resize the images with photophop or fireworks rather than with HTML
    src="Images/HOM1_325x230.jpg" width="190" height="110" border="0" align="top"></>

they are a bit weighty at the moment