My small time leaf removal set up

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grass_cuttin_fool, Nov 26, 2006.

1. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Here are a few pictures of my set up. Most every where here you can just put the leaves back in the woods. I had a call last week that the customer wanted them GONE, didnt want to see them again.

wayne

112106 2.jpg

2. grass_cuttin_fool

I would gather up the leaves with my cyclone rake and then dump them out, after 2-3 loads I would switch hoses and load the dump trailer

wayne

112106 3.jpg

3. grass_cuttin_fool

This was a day after we recieved about 2 inches of rain. I had to prop the hose up on the tiger cub. If I didnt , sometimes the leaves would clog some and the 7.5 briggs didnt have enough to push the load straight up 6 feet into the trailer

112106 4.jpg

4. grass_cuttin_fool

I had to make 2 trips, 1 with the equipment trailer and 1 with the dump trailer. Alltogether I had to make 5 trips, 4 to shuttle trailers from home to the property and back and 1 time to dump the trailer

wayne

112106 5.jpg

5. grass_cuttin_fool

The dump trailer handled 6 full loads of leaves from the cyclone rake. The dump trailer is a 6x10 with 2 foot extra height sides on it. They need to be 3-4 feet. My old chevy had no problem handleing the load, they were lighter than I thought hey would of been

wayne

112106 6.jpg

6. grass_cuttin_fool

One more of the rig. I never have owned any other loader, but the 7.5 briggs done a good job I thought. I would like to have a dedicated loader for the dump though. It would speed things up alot and take alot of wear of the cyclone rake also

wayne

112106 7.jpg

7. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

that looks like a lot of work and maintenance on that machine for only a few accounts.

8. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I appreciate your ongoing news of how the CR is working. I am considering one for next season.....

I was thinking about a similar set up but possibly with a dedicated pipe for loading the trailer....6" PVC maybe.....

Keep it coming....

9. seacoastlandscape

seacoastlandscape LawnSite Member

sure it isnt faster to just tarp them into the trailer especially when its wet.

10. grass_cuttin_fool

So far and hopefully this is the only account that I have to remove the leaves from. Most everyone will let me put them in the woods or in town they have pickup service and I can dump them in the edge of the street

wayne