1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

My son wants to cut our yard

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DJ Contracting, Jul 11, 2008.

1. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting LawnSite Senior Member

Thats what i heard from one of my Dr. customers, until he goes back to school, anyway i still have his office to do, however i told him that if i fill his spot i can not guarantee that i will be able to finish out the season, so we'll see what happens.
  2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I'd try to find a spot for him if he comes back. You don't want another LCO in the door for the office too.
  3. mississippiturf

mississippiturf LawnSite Senior Member

Next-door neighbor's husband passed away last Nov. She asked me to provide lawn care for her this year. After two cuts, she calls the wife and says from time to time she wants to do her own yard. Wife told her I would go ahead and fill her slot with another full-time customer. Made the neighbor mad, but she'll get over it!!
  4. DJ Contracting

We do his snow plowing also which is under contract however i did not get a contract for the lawn care :hammerhead:
  5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I've heard that "my son is going to do it for a while" crap too... Had one gal, her teenage son who lives with her part time got into some trouble, and to "pay back his debt" she decided he was going to mow instead of me. Ok, for one, where do I get my money? This was a regualr weekly account... And two, now 3 or 4 weeks passed and she calls me, says I needed to start doing it again. I get there and it's OBVOIUSLY not been mowed in about 3 to 4 weeks! no push mower tracks at all and its a foot tall. NICE... Glad to see that her son made good on his deal. (a couple years later and this kid gets busted for selling prescription drugs out of his locker, probably stolen from his dad who is a dentist).
  6. DJ Contracting

Jason i hear u, the kid cut it two days before i got there on Friday and it did not look like it, we'll see how long this will last.
  7. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I hope you charged her the price of at least 3 cuts if not 4 just to come back.

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

one of my costomers neighbors asked for a estimate so i gave him one and a flyer, HE said he was real busy at work and would have to takl to his wife. This week i was mowing my costomers and looked to the neighbors to see the son cutting it. I laughed to myself because i finished quicker and it looked a lot nicer
  9. DJ Contracting

Funny you say that, in this same neighborhood i had one of the neighbors ask me to give him a quote last year because he wanted to travel (retired GM worker) anyway this year he has a zero turn mower and six accounts and spreading weed-n-feed in the association, i'm guessing he's on the board.
  10. juspayme

juspayme LawnSite Senior Member

acting like your too busy to cut his lawn is a no-no. some other lco will walk in and snag that right up.

and hes a doctor bro. like, rich? start thinking dude.