My Sprayer Project

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Nate'sLawnCare, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I decided to design and build my own spray rig that would mount on either one of my mowers, so here is a pictorial of the project. I started with a 25 gallon pull-behind sprayer with two nozzles and a 4 gpm pump.

During fit-up on the BOP:

[​IMG]

Mount for the Snapper Pro that remains attached:

[​IMG]

Fit-up on the Snapper Pro:

[​IMG]

Bracket that will stay on the BOP, still have to fab the clamps:

[​IMG]

Finished setup mounted on Snapper Pro:

[​IMG]

This was fabbed out of 1 inch and 1 1/2 inch square tubing, and some 3/16 flat bar. Pretty simple, but it works - I wanted to have something that could be removed easily, just 2 bolts.

2. jsroda

jsroda LawnSite Member

Looks good man, I just did this exact same thing for my Walker. I didnt want to pay a small fortune for the Walker sprayer so I made my own. I made mine with tank, motor, and sprayer for a little over $100. Nice work!!

3. Nate'sLawnCare

Thanks. I've probably got about $60 in this one with the metal, bolts, and paint. Fortunately, I have access to a machine shop with mig and tig welders. Do you have pics posted here of yours?

4. Nate'sLawnCare

Here's one more from a different angle:

[​IMG]

I was really shooting for something that was more compact and easier to maneuver than a pull behind unit.

5. Nate'sLawnCare

Oops, linked the wrong picture on that last one. Here we go:

[​IMG]

6. jsroda

jsroda LawnSite Member

No unfortunately I dont, I havent had time to take pictures of it. Im in GA and it gets warm sooner in the season so ive already been out mowing and doing mulch and pinestraw jobs. Ill see if I can get some up soon.

7. Nate'sLawnCare

Yeah, I know what you mean, we're getting real busy all of a sudden. People are starting to see green in their yards and they think about all they need to have done. It's good for us though. We cut two places today totalling about 3.5 acres.

8. wildstarblazer

wildstarblazer LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe it's just me but won't spraying liquids in front of your mower be not so good for the castors and deck and kind of get all over the mower? Seems like it could get corrosive.

9. Nate'sLawnCare

Yeah, I've considered that. I'm thinking about making a boom mount for the back of the mower, it would be pretty easy to do. The nice thing about having everything on the front is that it's easy to put on and take off. With the tank on the front, it's also easier to monitor the pressure gauge and that wouldn't change with a rear mounted boom. Thanks for the advice.

10. wildstarblazer

wildstarblazer LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe you could rig up some kind of rubber bib shield that can stop liquid from getting on the mower.