My spring letter, your opinions please?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by rvsuper, Feb 8, 2003.

1. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

What do you think of this? Any changes I should make?
  2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Looks pretty good, but I would change "reseeding" to "overseeding".

3. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Here is the new one:

Attached Files:

4. Nebraska

Nebraska LawnSite Senior Member

We did a letter similar two years ago and I think it confused most people. Quite a few called and said, "I thought you already had us down for the new season"....."Do I have to worry about getting this info back to you every year?" People get confused and frustrated when they see a lot of words and couple it with the fact they actually have to send it back to you their heads may start spinning.

Just a thought..

If by chance your trying to upsell other services just send them a very short letter letting them know what services you already have them down for and inform them again of the services you offer that they are not taking advantage of.....then follow up with phone calls offering the additional services.
  5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

When you ask them to send it back, do you include return postage with the envolope. most people are lazy. Without a stamp, they will probably drag their feet in mailing it back. otherwise, it looks pretty good.
  6. Nebraska

Nebraska LawnSite Senior Member

When we did our mailing two years ago we included a postage paid envelope. It's amazing but a week or two ago we received payment (for snow plowing) in one of the exact same postage paid envelopes the only difference being a $.03 cent stamp in addition to the regular first class stamp from back then!
  7. Henry

Henry LawnSite Senior Member

I think you should make some changes to the opening paragraph. The opening paragraph is very repetitive. If you change the opening paragraph it would look much more professional.
  8. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know you and have nothing against you. But I would be a little concerned using LESCO's website for your graphics unless I had written permission. If that is what your doing, again, I'm not policing what your doing, but they do troll around on here from time to time.
  9. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

I just e-mailed customer service to have permission. I want to thank you for reminding me about doing that. For now, I won't post anything that has that grass in the backround until I get permission.
  10. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

Good thanking, Thanks for not taking it personally. I didn't know that too until I looked on their site this evening and saw that and knew that it looked familiar.