My Spring Letter

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Axl, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Axl

Axl LawnSite Member

I underlined the sentence I could use some help on. PLease let me knoe ehat you think or if you would change anything.

2. crosson lawn

crosson lawn LawnSite Member

This will serve as a guideline for our customer and let you know what to expect during our visits.

3. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Are you really going to give a whole month for free just for a referal?? Thats crazy in my oppinion. At tops i would give 2 weeks.

4. ks921

ks921 LawnSite Member

We give 1 freebee for a referal.

5. andersonmowing23

andersonmowing23 LawnSite Member

I wouldn't give a whole month free, I know that you said if they sign up for the whole year, but how are you gonna know that they are gonna actually stay, even with the agreement. Say if we get them for a month you get half of your months bill or somthing along those lines. If I were you I would probably say somewhere in the range of 15-25%. On the other side tho if you are willing to take your chance you could possible have some major growth and could help you out later in the year and next year. Good luck with it, and tell me how it works out for you.

6. Axl

Axl LawnSite Member

I just didnt think that one cut would be enough incentive, and I want my customer to seek out those who need an lco. I want them to become an advertising tool, more than just word of mouth. But I will consider changing it. I got that ides from JIM LEWIS and he seems to have pretty good advice.

7. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Axl, if you can afford to give a free month than go for it.

Consider this though. I think it has the potential of working too well. Can you make it through the season if every one of your customers generated a referral. Basically for one month you will do double the work with half the income. Can you really afford that (if it happens)?

I wouldn't do it but if you can ...go for it.

I may consider as many as two free cuts for a referral.

David

8. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

The way I look at referrals is that if your clients are really impressed with your work, then they are likely to mention you to their friends and other people.

But... if your clients really don't care one way or another about your work, then by all means try to bribe them.

9. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Axl
    One month free for a referral does seem like a lot to me,we give $25 per referral.You raised your price's $2 a week to cover expense's then gave them a $25 gift certificate.I hope it works for you,maybe it will bring you a ton of extra work.Good luck.

10. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

Hey Ryan,

here are a few things that i noticed.

I dont know if you will, but put their actual names instead of "Dear valued customer". i think you were going to do it, right?

I like what Crosson said above for the the underlined sentence.

i'd mofdify it to, " This will serve as a customer guideline listing all services and policies for future reference."

are you licensed to apply pre-emergents? just asking.

in "The schedule is filling fast, so please contact us as soon as possible if you are interested in any new services.", i'd say "contact ME"....since you they know you are the only guy. either keep it as US or ME, but based on our previous discussion you want to go with "Me/You" relationship.

going along the same lines...you started out saying "The company has undergone changes...."again, either keep it "Us or Me". just a suggestion.

mention in the letter what the new payment methods are. dont have them call you just to find out.

"will be minimally raising weekly maintenance costs"...this is really good.

"Our service is an ongoing service from year to year and unless we hear otherwise, we will assume you want to continue."...i dont know if i'd say that. i think they WILL call if they are not happy, trust me....this way you are being TOO nice and reminding them that it's an option.

i agree with the rest - one month is too much. i give out $10 off.

the line for the coupon....i'd make it dashed like an actual coupon. if you dont know how to do it, let me know, i will have Vicki do it for you.

let me know if you need another proof read when you are done. i'd be happy to.

good job, though...really impressed.