My start up costs/equipment wishlist. Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by yazzy, Nov 16, 2012.

1. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

You run a handheld 10 hrs a day.... everyday? Who runs the push mower?

2. nismodude1988

nismodude1988 LawnSite Member
    from GA

No i wasnt clear sorry i use a self propelled honda and i work only 2 days a week i have a full time job and i only have time on those days
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. a clear difference lawn

a clear difference lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Things you forgot: Eye protection, ear protection, sunblock, safety cone, edger blades, hand tools, loppers, hegde trimmers, air compressor, backup blades and belts, straps, bungies, tire repair kit, first aid kit, flashlight, sprinkler heads and pvc glue, chainsaw, jack, toolbox, water cooler, debris bags, full metric and standard socket set, extra trimmer heads and springs and eyelets, etc etc etc. These are just a few things that I have on my rig that come to mind. There are more even. I think it is great that you are budgeting from the get go - but it is not only the major equipment that costs in this business. The little nickel and dime stuff ands up fast and can eat into your profit. Sounds like you have a good handle on things - best of luck to you!

4. nismodude1988

nismodude1988 LawnSite Member
    from GA

When u say sprinkler heads is there a universal one that u use and is it for in case u mow someones sprinkler head off
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. a clear difference lawn

a clear difference lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I keep a variety of heads used on the properties I service. Also connectors, plugs etc. It is easier to fix something right away than come back later. I have broken them by mowing over heads, doing zero turns on them and have also hit sprinklers while trimming hedges. I do it much less now than I used to, but it still happens.