1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

My Start

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Lawn Simplicity LLC, Dec 4, 2005.

1. Lawn Simplicity LLC

Lawn Simplicity LLC LawnSite Member

I BELONG TO ANOTHER FORUM AND STUMBLED UPON THIS ONE THE OTHER NIGHT AND REALLY LIKE IT. ANYWAY--BEEN WANTING TO DO THE LAWN THING FOR ABOUT 5-6 YEARS. LAST YEAR WAS MY FIRST AND STILL DOING IT PART TIME. I STARTED WITH WHAT I NEEDED, COULD AFFORD NOT WITH WHAT I WANTED. I STARTED WITH 5 X 10 TRAILER, STIHL COMMERCIAL TRIMMER,EDGER. STIHL HEDGE TRIMMERS & HAND HELD BLOWER. HUSQVARNA H/O GRADE 21'', TROYBILT 42" RIDER & MY TOW VEHICLE AN 89' BRONCO II. END OF LAST YEAR I BOUGHT A 98' F-150 EXT. CAB 4X4. LIKE NEW WITH 76,000 MILES. THIS YEAR, A MONTH AGO, I BOUGHT A 36'' TURF TRACER. NOW THAT WAS A SWEET TREAT!!! IN JAN. I START THE PROGRAM THE STATE OF VA. RECOGNIZES AS TRAINING FOR AN APPLICATORS LICENSE. THATS ABOUT IT AND LOVING EVERY MINUTE. THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ANY REPLIES TO THREADS I MAY POST. THE OTHER FORUM I BELONG TO HAS BEEN A BIG HELP TO. FOR DIFFERENT VIEWS & OPINIONS CHECK THEM OUT @ ****************.COM.
    SEE YA'LL AROUND
    LARRY:cool2:

2. nephilim0167

nephilim0167 LawnSite Member

Glad to hear you're diggin the lawn biz :cool2: Keep it up!

Cheers~

3. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

welcome, to tell u the truth what u got was a good start. even though we have some better stuff than u. i think it was a good start well good luck with biz

4. xchevy

xchevy LawnSite Member

In Jan. I Start The Program The State Of Va. Recognizes As Training For An Applicators License. [/quote]
    Sorry, reading to learn and haven`t quite got the hang of this yet. What is an applicators license??

5. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

It is a license that allows you to apply fertilizer and pesticides to lawns other than your own.